Is there such thing as too low?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have some billets made you can run 9” wide up front with the backspacing needed to get the tires inside the fenders more. Might have to buy some custom control arms but anything is possible. My Silverado is bagged and bodied but I can drive with the pinch welds 2” off the ground easy. 3E14E677-1E8C-4BA8-A5F6-693897FB9F72.jpeg

Big Eazy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have been wanting to drop mine too...only maybe 2" front and 2 or 3" rear. Was told that tires will suffer as will ride. Is it true? Sorry for my ignorance, in my older age im liking autos and speed..hopefully :)

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been wanting to drop mine too...only maybe 2" front and 2 or 3" rear. Was told that tires will suffer as will ride. Is it true? Sorry for my ignorance, in my older age im liking autos and speed..hopefully :)
No and no. Neither will suffer if done right as in drop spindles for the front and good quality drop springs for the rear with shock extenders so the shocks don’t bottom out. An extra benefit will be better cornering and less nose dive on hard braking.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What wheels are you thinking of using for the final rendering?

Random question. Can you go over what you did in the rear to get it to where you are now?
Did you remove your lower coil spring isolators? I'd like to drop mine at least another inch.

OP
OP
Doug118

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What wheels are you thinking of using for the final rendering?

Random question. Can you go over what you did in the rear to get it to where you are now?
Did you remove your lower coil spring isolators? I'd like to drop mine at least another inch.

These wheels will more than likely be the final ones. I drive the truck way too much to run something bigger with a smaller tire. For instance, I daily the truck and just drove 600 miles for a car show

The rear is just a 6” drop spring still with isolators but there’s well over 1200lbs in audio equipment behind the second row. With no sir in the helper bags, it measures right around 10” drop in the rear

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These wheels will more than likely be the final ones. I drive the truck way too much to run something bigger with a smaller tire. For instance, I daily the truck and just drove 600 miles for a car show

The rear is just a 6” drop spring still with isolators but there’s well over 1200lbs in audio equipment behind the second row. With no sir in the helper bags, it measures right around 10” drop in the rear

Gotcha on the wheels, I like the Caddy wheels.

You know, I always forget you have the stereo equipment out back haha. The helpers need help :)

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the ultimate goal for the frontView attachment 357174
I’m sure you’re finding out one of your biggest issues once the tires start tucking in the fenders is turning sharp. That’s why I mentioned having custom offset wheels made. I forgot to mention the possibility of buying tires that are a stretch fit. I’m running 265/30-26’s on 9” wide rims on my bagged Silverado which leaves the sidewalls rounded instead of squared off. It sucks to have a tire catch the inside of the fender lip and destroy the fender. I couldn’t get a good pic of the sidewall but this kinda shows it. Being static you don’t have the ability to hit a switch and raise the front for turning like I do so it looks to me like you’re going to have to figure something out. You have very little clearance between your tire and fender with the control arms/ tire and wheel combo you have.

Attachments

• 906B6907-3920-4898-A805-8D8AB8888C6A.jpeg
    906B6907-3920-4898-A805-8D8AB8888C6A.jpeg
    335.6 KB · Views: 15

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MAGAlomaniac