Is This A PPV, An SSV, or What?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lil Timmy Shy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Howdy, boys:
Several months ago I bought a low mileage 2014 Tahoe. It was represented as an LS, and it may be. But I was looking at the glove box codes the other day and it has "VPV", which is the code for Kerr Industries. As I'm sure you know, Kerr does the police and emergency vehicle mods for GM there in Arlington. I called Kerr and they said they didn't know; they could not find a record on my VIN. (I understand that - it's 10-years old.) I can't find any spare wiring harnesses, it does not have rubber floor mats, no extra dome lights, no holes drilled in the roof, etc. It does seem to have a fairly stiff ride. It also has an "X88" build code (Chevrolet conversion) and an "NC7" (Federal Emissions override) - whatever those mean. The only other things I can say is, it was bought new by the U.S. Air Force, it is silver in color, and I love it. Oh, it came to me with stock cast aluminum wheels. However, they were suffering from a breakdown in the clear coat finish, so I put different wheels on it; the point being, it did not have steel wheels on it when I bought it.
I'm thinking if the air force bought it new, they probably got a bunch. Maybe they were used for base security, or assigned to a ranking officer? Is anyone familiar with this type air force Tahoe? If so, can you tell me why it went through Kerr Industries? Much obliged.
P.S.: It is 4X4.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the VIN?
If you don't want to share it with us, cut'n'paste your VIN in place of the Buick RoadMaster VIN.

It's not as good as CompNine, but it's free.

(I'm still trying to figure out which front torsion bars were used by GMT800 PPV Tahoes ...)

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Howdy, boys:
Several months ago I bought a low mileage 2014 Tahoe. It was represented as an LS, and it may be. But I was looking at the glove box codes the other day and it has "VPV", which is the code for Kerr Industries. As I'm sure you know, Kerr does the police and emergency vehicle mods for GM there in Arlington. I called Kerr and they said they didn't know; they could not find a record on my VIN. (I understand that - it's 10-years old.) I can't find any spare wiring harnesses, it does not have rubber floor mats, no extra dome lights, no holes drilled in the roof, etc. It does seem to have a fairly stiff ride. It also has an "X88" build code (Chevrolet conversion) and an "NC7" (Federal Emissions override) - whatever those mean. The only other things I can say is, it was bought new by the U.S. Air Force, it is silver in color, and I love it. Oh, it came to me with stock cast aluminum wheels. However, they were suffering from a breakdown in the clear coat finish, so I put different wheels on it; the point being, it did not have steel wheels on it when I bought it.
I'm thinking if the air force bought it new, they probably got a bunch. Maybe they were used for base security, or assigned to a ranking officer? Is anyone familiar with this type air force Tahoe? If so, can you tell me why it went through Kerr Industries? Much obliged.
P.S.: It is 4X4.
ssv, for all 4X4, pursuit vehicles were 2wd

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rdalupan