issues installing my remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cmdrpopnfresh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey guys....so i got a remote start for my tahoe and started installing it this weekend but ive got a problem....my t-taps wont fit the big ignition wires on the truck.....i dont get it...ive got the yellow ones and they just plain wont fit on the wires....they just bend and distort when i try to clamp them. any ideas? it sucks cause i really would like to come out to a warm car on the snowy days.

wired

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
my professional opinion, dont use t-taps. i fix many remote starts by removing the t-taps and wiring properly.

718frankb

LOCAL 282 TEAMSTERS
Reaction score
they make larger ones that fit that gauge wire but are sometimes hard to find but they do weaken the integrity of the wire.bulldog sell a T harness that plugs in line with the ignition good luck

grnrpr68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DONT use t-taps they are not good on the wires they will break the wires and not get a good connection just wire them up correctly wire to wire i fix installs like that everyday

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rachawn213