John Weeks tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Snacky

Snacky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok well thanks guys!!! I've got a decision to make. I've done as much digging as I can do on John and from what I can tell I think its pretty safe to say he has a good reputation.

Pros:
In-person (call me old fashioned)
Half price of autocal

Cons:
No flashback (my only real concern here is towing)
No free updates
Not supporting a supporting vendor :(

Last edited:

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I let two well known local tuners tune my Tahoe. The first one removed my DOD and not much else but screw it up and lost my factory file, the second one basically removed everything. It lurks and takes off with the slightest tap of the throttle, my wife will not drive it. Its a complete mess. I found a tuner 2.5 hours away who has the capabilities to flash it back to the factory file.

Speaking form experience, make sure you trust the person tuning your vehicle, period.
Sorry to ramble, I'd hate for you to go through what I'm going through. BB is a trusted and well known tuner and though I have not gone through them, once mine is resolved, I will be.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would go with Bb personally

If they screw up you can come on here and complain. Hahahahaha

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Justin did an impeccable job on my burb and I'm about to use my AutoCal to also have him tune my '98 :driver:

Agent WD-40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does Justin use a wide band O2 sensor for the in person tunes? Outside of being there in person to listen to and feel how the vehicle responds to the tune that would be about the only major inference between in person and remote.

Having tuned other vehicles I will agree the ability to switch tunes as desired is great. I wouldn't personally do it any other way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fireball17