Just bought a 2007 Tahoe LTZ, have a few ?'s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

a_kraker99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yeah, it probably isn't enough to trip a code. I am just monitoring it with my scanner.

OP
OP
A

a_kraker99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The odd thing is that I don't think it was misfiring before I ran a can of Techron through the system. I wonder if the Techron knocked some crud off in the fuel tank or lines and clogged up ones of my injectors.

PlazaEJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it was small enough to get passed the fuel filter, I wouldn't think it would clog an injector.

My suggestion, try cleaning your MAF. Cheap, easy, and if doesn't completely cure your ills, nothing hurt.

EJ

OP
OP
A

a_kraker99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah, if it was a random misfire on all cylinders I could see that. I planned on doing a MAF and throttle body cleaning soon anyway. Is there any procedure for relearning idle after cleaning the throttle body?

PlazaEJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, if it was a random misfire on all cylinders I could see that. I planned on doing a MAF and throttle body cleaning soon anyway. Is there any procedure for relearning idle after cleaning the throttle body?

Nope. Just drive like normal.

OP
OP
A

a_kraker99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
cleaned the throttle body and MAF and it didn't seem to help. I noticed that the misfire is much worse while the engine is cold. Once it warms up I get around 1 misfire every 5 seconds or so. My idle seems a little rough though even when misfires don't show up.