K&N = less mpg for me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my K&N FIPK for a couple weeks now, before when i'd drive 65 mph I'd be getting 20 mpg, but now i'm only getting 17-18 steady, with cruise on. Thats just me in the truck no towing with or without the wind.

Ironman1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats wierd to me.. more air flow should make it same or a litle better.. did you over oil the filter causing a restriction or fouling the maf sensor...

HankHill

Reaction score
My logic says more air = more gas. I have a K&N on my carb'd motorcycle. Had to bump up the main jet to get out being lean. That ain't gonna help fuel economy...

OP
OP
Canuck

Canuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the filter comes pre oiled, hopefully a bb tune should even things out

06xl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the filter comes pre oiled, hopefully a bb tune should even things out

I'm in the same boat sort off did a airraid intake with magnaflow catback everything was fine then had the bb tune 93 tune an went from 14.5 to 14.4 nothing major but I wonder what Is causing the decrease ... Possible lead foot syndrome :)

OP
OP
Canuck

Canuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gauranteed thats the lead foot, i dont mind burning more gas when i drive it hard thats what you get, but on the free way with the cruise set thats bunk

Vincesrg03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you cleaned out your tb. I got the swiss cheese mod with a spectre filter and did not notice a drop in mpg. then i cleaned out the tb, which was really dark from all the carbon build up, and the mpg went up about 1 mpg. Also she idles nice and seems to be running better. Also did the tb in my wifes CTS and she noticed a difference right away. She is the lead foot in the family.:shocked:

OP
OP
Canuck

Canuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i average 4-7 mpg city since i put the cherry bombs on :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OBSalsoNNBS