Key fob remote start button opening hatch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Autbond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As the title says my key fob's remote start button (both keys) is opening the rear hatch. The rear hatch button also opens the hatch. The fob is only unlocking the driver's door as well. The only other thing that I notice being wrong is the tire pressure sensors quit working the all say "-----". I tried doing a search but to no avail, so if this has been a recurring problem my apologies for the repeat thread.

One more quick question, who is manufacturing the replica wheels that Marinello was? I have a slightly bent wheel that I need to replace.

Thanks for any help ahead of time!

Austin

OP
OP
Autbond

Autbond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, my guess is this is not a common problem...

Djay762

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never heard of it. Is this the stock key fob or a recently added aftermarket one?

ChevyFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Austin,
The only thing I can offer is that awhile ago I noticed the same issue with my tire pressure sensors (not the remote start button issue though). The DIC was just displaying "-----". I took it into the dealer and they attempted to reset the system, but upon an ignition cycle it stopped working again. They told me the "RCDLR Module" would need to be replaced. I decided to wait on replacing the part. Coincidently, I checked the DIC upon driving away from the dealership and everything was "magically" working again. So I don't know if that helps, but just a thought on your issue. Good luck!

Last edited:

bosworth496

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea my remote start does the same thing and took it to the dealer and they couldnt even figure it out so i just gave up

OP
OP
Autbond

Autbond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea my remote start does the same thing and took it to the dealer and they couldnt even figure it out so i just gave up
Seriously? They just "couldn't figure it out?" and that's it? I plan on going up there tomorrow on my off day and just straight Bitchin' until I get something done. That's horseshi*! I know GMs are plagued with electrical problems but just letting them get away with it makes my skin crawl. It is a great truck otherwise, but the electrical problems I have experienced with this truck are just stupid, GM needs a REAL electronic manufacturer instead of their own (which blows).

Last edited:

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seriously? They just "couldn't figure it out?" and that's it? I plan on going up there tomorrow on my off day and just straight Bitchin' until I get something done. That's horseshi*! I know GMs are plagued with electrical problems but just letting them get away with it makes my skin crawl. It is a great truck otherwise, but the electrical problems I have experienced with this truck are just stupid, GM needs a REAL electronic manufacturer instead of there own (which blows).

Autbond,

Please keep us posted of the results of your dealer visit.

Feel free to contact me privately if you have additional questions.

Louis
GM Customer Service

OP
OP
Autbond

Autbond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of course the day I go to check on this the computer magically starts working correctly. As of about 4pm yesterday everything has been working correctly. WEIRD. Hopefully it stays this way!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968