L.E.D. Bulb Conversion/Cross Reference List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andrewh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For the bulbs requiring festoon type led equivalents, I preferred to use 39mm instead of 42mm. The smaller length fit just fine and was much easier than the 42mm to get into the socket. I ordered some 39mm festoon bulbs, and found that pure white matched the rest of the domes perfectly.

jESse

i like cheese
Reaction score
just finished mine up the other day. i'm really happy with em. they're brighter than my cell phone pics show too

003.jpg

005.jpg

001.jpg

heres what i used. cost about $40 total. gave me enough bulbs to do the plate lights, all four doors, map lights and all the overhead lights.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/130685790801?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

you'll need 6 of these for the overhead lights so i ordered two sets
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300715781715?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

oh yeah, one more thing i did, with the overhead lights when you pop them open to change em, you'll see a metal plate blocking half the plastic lens. i took all those off and opened up more space for light to shine through. made a difference

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
Looks good! Did you upgrade the footwells in the front also? LED strips or just the bulb if your 2003 yuon??

jESse

i like cheese
Reaction score
don't have footwell lights that i know of. maybe they're there and have just been burnt out the whole time i've owned it? never looked

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone!!! Exact bubs used for cluster? I'm working on an 05.

I think its 9 leds and have to be soldered in the 03+.. I have an 05 also I've just been afraid to take apart the cluster cuz I do t want to lose the calibration...

Www.Oznium.com I've heard has some good leds that last and are bright and for us guys with the 03+ they have the led and resistor already together .. ill be getting some their as soon as I get the nerve to take the cluster apart ..

Is their away to not lose calibration when taking the needles off????

Last edited:

Rumplemenz

Reaction score
Just an idea wanted to throw out there

First off great thread and thanks for all the info. If you're in the market to convert your interior to LED's I believe all ya need is this thread to make that happen. However, do to some of us having different taste and levels of ocd it may be a good choice to spend the $1 on this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150768873756?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

This way you'll be able to make a better decision on which bulbs to go with for the doors, map lights and license plate. If these bulbs are good enough for ya than there will be no reason to go with anything better than the recommended 194 WLED-x-x LED bulbs. I am not implying these ebay bulbs give off the same light output as these b/c im sure they don't but i'd guess its close enough for us to have a better idea on whether or not to go with a stronger bulb from the start.

Again, just a suggestion

maduro

Reaction score
Map lights are the 2 directional ones at the very front. The dome lights are the ones in the middle and back of the truck that turn on with the courtesy lighting. There are also 2 switched dome lights per unit (4 total) that come on with the switches on the domes. The dome and the switched dome bulbs are all the 42mm festooned. I used the expensive high power ones for the automatic domes, and the cheap, non-SMD for the switched, since I never use them anyways. The map lights are the 194-base, just like the doors and license plate. And the puddles are also 42mm festooned. Get the high-power ones like the domes, you'll need the brightness.

So, if you were doing everything, here's what you want:

7xWLED-x-x (4 for the doors, 2 for the license plate, and 1 for the glove box)

2xWLED-x-6 (for the map lights)

4x4210-xHP6 (2 for the domes, 2 for the puddles)

2x4410-x9 (for the switched domes)
You could probably spend a few bucks more for the SMD-type, like the regular domes, only the 3-LED instead of the 6. In retrospect, I wish I had done this, but oh well. Like I said, I never use them.

And that's it. Did that help?

EDIT:

I guess while I'm at it, I'll post some pics for ya. I also did the footwell LED strips in the front seats. Still gotta find time to do the backs, but other than that, I'm pretty much done with LED swaps. Also, didn't include the license plate light pic because the street lamp behind me made the colors look totally different than how it really looks.
Surfer,
Which bulbs/color did you use for the footwells? Making my list now & want to order everything at once.

Awesome thread!

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
Just did this last weekend! What an improvent. And I added 4 of the 2" flexible Led strips in the footwells in front and rear. Looks sick! Weird how 02 Yukon and Tahoe have factory footwell lights and rear door lights and then omit them in 04??? Makes no sense!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925