L.E.D. Bulb Conversion/Cross Reference List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YUKISM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
MUCH Props on this thread!!!
It has helped me out ALOT.
What did u guys use for the footwell lights???
Any ideas?
I was wondering the same thing,I'm pushin a 02 Yuk and wanted to go with cool white for the footwells (Area above the gas/break pedals and under the glove box.Basicly where your feet go).
Any suggestions?

Last edited:

YUKISM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing,I'm pushin a 02 Yuk and wanted to go with cool white for the footwells (Area above the gas/break pedals and under the glove box.Basicly where your feet go).
Any suggestions?
I crawled into the footwell today and low-N-behold you can use the same 194 bulb that you would put in the door lights.
Almost done with my interior LED conversion,all that I have left is the cluster.

gmtk

Reaction score
I just ordered mine, the only difference I found was that I couldn't find the "Festoon 42mm 4210-xHP6 High powered bulbs" for the puddle and domes, but did order the 4210-CWHP6; so I assume they are the same.

Here is the breakdown of the cost:

WLED-x-x LED bulb Options: 120 Degree Cool White WLED-W-x 0.60 $ 1.39 X4 = $ 5.56

WLED-x6 LED bulb Options: Cool White WLED-CW6 0.95 $ 3.74 X 4 = $ 7.48

4410-x9 LED Festoon bulb Options: Cool White 4410-CW9 2.25 $ 4.74 X 4 = $ 18.96

4210 High Power LED Festoon bulb Options: Cool White 4210-CWHP6 7.00 $ 14.95 X 4 = $ 59.80

Merchandise sub-total: $ 91.80
S&H (priority mail): $8.15

Grand total: $99.95

I decided to go ahead and order 2 additional of the 194 WLED in case I wanted to do under the dash, so add $3.00.

I'll post when I get them to let everyone know actual handling and delivery time.

gmtk

Reaction score
Recieved my lights yesterday, so from time to order to arrival was 4 days. Took me less than 10 minutes to put everything in. Here are a couple tips (some of these may be repeats of earlier posts)

Cargo lights: for the middle light use a flat tip on the driver side, there is a small slot to insert the screw driver that then opens the plastic covering and it will actually hang on its own. Replace all three lights there then snap cover back in place. For the rear cargo light, the slot is on the passenger side.

Map lights: I used a very small flat tip to pop off the plastic light cover; then gently pulled out the metallic cone around the bulb. I found that when installing the LED, put it in the metallic cone and insert as one; then pop plastic cover back on.

Door lights (4): use a small flat tip to pry them out starting on the red part of the light housing (nearest to the outside of the door). Pop it out starting near the red and then once that is out slide the fixture toward the outside of the door; light replacement is then simple. You will see that when re-installing, put the end with the light in the door first, then snap the rest in.

Puddle lights: these are the lights under the outside rear mirrors. They snap out, starting with the release (located toward the front of the vehicle) and then I used a small flat tip to pop out the rest of the light. The light is connected via two wires that easily unplug. From there unscrew the two phillips screws and the light pulls out. Now the tricky part. The bulbs that will go in there have a rectangular shape to the "light" portion of them. This rectangular portion is wider than the opening of the light housing. So, you have to tilt the light a little bit to get back in the housing, and then once it's in I used a bent paperclib to re-align the bulb so that it faces down (and therefore not tilted). Put the screws back in, re-attach the wires, the snap back in starting with the rear of the housing first and your done.

Overall - a MUCH cleaner look with the cool white on the inside of the vehicle. The biggest difference though is the puddle lights. They are freaking bright and really look great.

I also put two bulbs in under the footwells, which took all of 2 seconds.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me.

bahollis

Lead Foot
Reaction score
LEDs not bright all the time..

yeah they are 194 bulbs.

anyone know why when i open the door the front map lights are bright. at night when you turn them on pushing the button they are so dim you cant barely see. same thing happends to all the map lights. but when i have the stock bulb in the middle map light. i turn that on and the front map light goes bright again. weird. any ideas?

Mine do this too. Anyone have clue why it does that? If I open my vanity mirror, they brighten immediately and don't dim any more.

????

BH

boostedgsxr1k

Reaction score
when i put the leds in my cluster, my service engine soon light doesnt appear anymore.. And help with that? I didn't bump the conector or take them out.. Now sometimes it does come on, however for the most part it stays off.

polobuds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
which LED bulbs to get if I want to replace the cluster/dashboard/gauge lights for an 03 tahoe?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52