Looking for an HD hood for a decent price

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Who knows where i can find a cheap HD hood for the hoe. where have all you gotten your hoods from and about how much. all ive been able to find is like 300-400, im not sure if thats the average price or what. a little help would be great thanks!!!!

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
when I was hood shopping $350 was the best I found for an HD hood.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
me too... your best bet is the scrap yards

since my truck is white, I am holding out for someone with a company work truck that is willing to trade hoods plus $100 from me

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

if you stay on top or craigslist... like every day, you can find one for cheap... but it doesnt happen often

MASS-HOE'Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got mine for $75 about 2 minutes away from my house, wasnt planning on getting one but couldnt pass it up so i grabbed it, was actually in better shape than my stock hood.

New factory gm hoods seem to be right around $300

riso79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who knows where i can find a cheap HD hood for the hoe. where have all you gotten your hoods from and about how much. all ive been able to find is like 300-400, im not sure if thats the average price or what. a little help would be great thanks!!!!

Your not too far from me in So Cal, off the 605 just North of the Irwindale Speedway there is a whole street full of junk yards. Take the 605 North and exit Live Oak and make left. They have a ton of parts. There is about 10 junk yards, some are car make specific but guarantee they have some hoods. Its on Alpha Street in Duarte, Ca
here is an address to drop into mapquest 734 Alpha St. Duarte, Ca 91010
Call them, check the price first. if they dont have it they call to the next place and see who does on the street. 626-579-2335

riso79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The after market come primed or some coating on them so they dont rust but at a junk yard your going to get one painted, maybe some minor damage but the factory hoods are thicker gauge steel than the cheap aftermarket hoods and typically fit better. Let me know what price you end up getting one for. Last time I was up there, HD hood was last on my mind but after this forum I am dting to get one too.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
I am glad to hear a good story from certifit.... but I have heard a share of bad ones too! talking about hoods not lining up at all that.

RedYuk04

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was looking for one for my wife's Yukon and I called a local salvage yard. They didn't have a used, but said they could order me a new aftermarket hd hood for $150. Didn't ask if it was capa certified. My wife's uncle owns a body shop and he told me to make sure it was capa certified, but he wasn't interested in doing the work. So it pissed me off and I said fk it. I'll get to it one of these days. Love the way that family loves to help when you need it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968