Looking for brake advice (upgrading)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr.Martin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, to start with I have had my Tahoe since I was 21 (27 1/2 now) and I have never replaced the rotors and only changed the pads once about 3-4 years ago! Pads are still great but the rotors need to be put down lol. What I have been looking into is the power slo plus kit (14" rotors), ssb brake lines, fluid change and Hawk or EBC pads. I have large enough wheels so that's already been taken care of.

I have heard lots of good reviews for the rotors except for the price, but now I need advice about the best pads to get...Hawk or EBC and which model pad to get. Also, who's got the best ssb hoses. The main question is, does anyone know the best, and cheapest place to order this stuff? Anyone have any hookups?

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
what about these from NAPA
http://www.napaonline.com/Search/De...030+2030087+11011+599999+109999+59999+3999999

599091.jpg

Part Number: UP PR86825R

$124 each, simple bolt on.

OP
OP
M

Mr.Martin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to upgrade to a bigger rotor with out spending 3k so the power slot 14" rotors looked like the best deal.

oakrdrs187

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think our friend wants a direct bolt on that he can just buy with out scrambling through salvage yards or stealerships, I too have been looking into the plus kit, but not sure which pads to go with. my rotors are warped as of now so they gotta go.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think our friend wants a direct bolt on that he can just buy with out scrambling through salvage yards or stealerships, I too have been looking into the plus kit, but not sure which pads to go with. my rotors are warped as of now so they gotta go.
the ones above, and the NNBS I mentioned are bolt on.

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to do the nnbs upgrade on mine to get a little bigger rotor, those powerslot plus kits look pretty good, any idea about how much they run?

Ryan Willson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've personally found the Hawk Yellow pads to be pretty awesome. They are a bit on the pricey side but the wear is great and pretty rotor friendly.

Also, I upgraded to the Brembo Slotted rotors. I had a set of drilled on a vehicle once and they had a tendency to stress crack easier.

Just my $.02...

tucsonlocal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
because the eradispeed +1 is a direct bolt on, and so is the NNBS caliper, can you get the eradispeed +1 for the NNBS and put it on the NBS for 2" rotor size gain in front?? Hmmmm..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete315

Latest posts