Love my Yukon but come on GM.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only thing worrying gets you is gray hair and wrinkles and uclers :shrug:

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well..... in all honesty....... each unit is different.

A. .0001mm can make the difference sometimes. Heck a min. Can make a huge difference in a persons life.

Though some generalities are true.

Meh.....
Your handles will peel.
Dash may crack.

Hahaha

Sorry.

itsDLF

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you're having these issues. I'm now on my 3rd Tahoe

2001 was perfect, traded it at 70,000.

2008 Z71 was perfect, traded it at 75,000.

Currently own a 2011 LTZ and (knock on simulated wood grain) it's not been back to the dealer a single time for something wrong.

You can dog GM for a lot of things but IMO they get trucks right.

OP
OP
screamin chicken
Reaction score
Exactly GM can just do recalls, , they know about these issues, and they do not do any thing about it, not good for business. Just like my Check engine light also, it has something to do with the return line by the gas tank to catch the fumes, not only is it on my Yukon, but on the Trucks, Cars etc.... so step up and fix it.....

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
You have those issues, but Lots of others drive for 200k and have no issues. Luck of the draw on who was doing their job on that particular day, unfortunately.

This goes for every brand and make

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
The problem is that a lot of people look at a car like they look at a TV. You turn the TV on, it works, everytime for 10+ years. You spend a lot on your vehicle initially, you expect it to be perfect, like the TV. Newsflash: There are hundreds of non-stop moving parts getting beat with thousands of pounds of force when you drive down the street to the supermarket. You simply cant expect every part to work perfectly forever. These are still made by Humans. We make mistakes. We slack off at work from time to time. (It used to drive me nuts when I was a Service Advisor hearing people expect their vehicle to be just like their TV or Microwave. Something that is stationary that never moves and lasts forever. Vehicles cant, and will not ever last forever without constant maintenance!)

Does GM build a quality vehicle, Hell yes. Do other vehicles have problems, most definitely. Usually more-so than GM. Honda, Toyota, BMW, Audi - Most all those brands have much bigger issues than GM has.

Just think to yourself: Have you ever slacked off at work? Even for a minute? I certainly have, and so have the people making every product you've ever purchased. Nothing is problem free in this world. But in comparison to any other vehicle, especially in this segment, GM has got it right.

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Now after all the time to write that last post, I need to stop slacking at work, and attempt to product a quality product :)

Mighty Hd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 07 Yukon XL, here is a list of things that have , and has wrong with it. Under warranty the Tailgate fell a part, the Sunroof was replaced , the problems now are the code for the gas line , water leaks from the sun roof drain, no elect. start, my mirrors are always in a different position each time i crank, and now I have water leaking in the center front console , and my drivers seat will not work at times.....
This is not my first bad experience with GM I also have a 2000 WS6 with 39,000 miles , and I have had several issue while under warranty and still out of warranty....... GM needs to step up and fix these issues I'm trying to stay faithful but I'm leaning to go back to Ford, or even Dodge.....

The 2008 Z71 4wd 3LT I had was a hunk of burning shit. GM put me in a 2011 Z71 4wd for a flippin steal. I couldn't get a better deal anywhere else.

That one is now a hunk of shit too. Search and you'll find my thread on it. It's still grinding, now my fuel mileage is around 9mpg in the city and it shifts like crap. I am trading it in in for a 2013 exactly the same. The order was placed last week. Again, I can't get a better deal anywhere else. Lower payment, a ton of equity and top dollar trade in.

It's a pain in the ass, but worth it as I come out on top every time.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife had a '12 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland for a few months before Chrysler purchased it back from us because it was a lemon. It's the luck of the draw unfortunately. Our '12 LTZ Suburban was a huge disappointment as well. I've had 22 vehicles in about 4 years, two years counting my wife's car as well and her and I always go back to GM SUVs. If you need a review on a car, odds are I'm the guy to come to lol I've had almost every one out there!

zrxoa1

Reaction score
I hate my '07 XL too!

Bought it used with 40k miles Thanksgiving weekend 2010. Traded my '01 XL in for it.... The '01 never gave me a problem...

Since then here is my list....
*Interior door handles all replaced, chrome peeling.
*Gauge cluster replaced.
*Rear ac replaced.
*rear u joint broke n driveshaft fell out.
*rear ride compressor replaced.
*rear hatch struts replaced.
*rear glass replaced twice due to rear defrost tabs breaking.
*some solenoid valve thing replaced under gas tank.
*dash now cracked.
*tire pressure monitor not working right.
*front struts shot and rear air shocks blown.
*starting to rust all over.
*had to replace all four brake rotors and pads.

Bought my '01 new and never had a problem in 9 years of ownership.

Also, hate how they did the headlights and battery on '07 and up. Older headlights were a breeze to swap out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brent...pics of your "rust all over"? of all the things you listed off there that's the thing that got me the most :think: A lot of the other stuff in your list seems like regular maintenance stuff other than dash crack of course.