Low beam HID's not working properly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DuckHunter

Reaction score
Sorry to hijak the post. I have been having the same issues with my hids. One or the other works most days and sometimes neither at all. I have even ordered all new hids for it because i thought maybe the boxes were bad, but still nothing. Now everytime i start my yukon the driverside headlight doesnt work. It is blowing the fuse to only that headlight. Any thoughts on what this could be? I have tired replacing the fuse many times with no luck. I have not even messed with it the last three days. Just been driving my car. I also do not have my stock bulbs. Could I or Should I try installing a bigger fuse? I do not have the four light mod or any others, all stock with 10k hids. Call me stupid but i have no clue about anything electric or wiring wise. So please bear with me.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Sounds like you need a wiring harness. You hook the power directly to your battery and in theory it should stop the fuse issue.

DuckHunter

Reaction score
By that i need the relay switch for the hids or new harness for the light itself? Thanks

OP
OP
Knobz

Knobz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after lots of testing and trial and errors I think the conclusion to my low beams not working/turning on every time. Is that I just have bad ballasts and I'm gonna buy new HID kits from HIDguy.net seems like everyone has had good experiences with his kits.
My kits I currently have are DDM Tuning, and I wouldn't recommend them. As they say, you get what you pay for...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnaolo