Lower Ball Joints Recommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to replace my lower ball joints, thinking about going with Kryptonite but can't find any reviews about them.

What lower ball joints are you running and how long have you had them installed?

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
I need to replace my lower ball joints, thinking about going with Kryptonite but can't find any reviews about them.

What lower ball joints are you running and how long have you had them installed?
I’ve had good luck with my kryptonite ball joints I’d recommend them

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Had em on my Tahoe for a couple years now had em on my Silverado for 6 months give or take

OP
OP
Dustin Jackson

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks I bought a set of Kryptonite lower ball joints. Hopefully they last longer than the last set of Moog. I really don't want to have to be redoing my suspension every 3 years.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another option is to purchase the entire control arm with the ball joint already installed. Very reasonable priced at GMPartsDirect.com. I did this to my 07 using OEM control arms, and got both the control arm bushings and the ball joint replaced with new.

OP
OP
Dustin Jackson

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Joseph Garcia I just replaced the lower control arms three years ago so I am hoping the bushings are good still. What’s the best way to check lower control arm bushings ?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Joseph Garcia I just replaced the lower control arms three years ago so I am hoping the bushings are good still. What’s the best way to check lower control arm bushings ?
probably the same way as checking a ball joint, use a crow bar and see if there is any play.
I wouldn't waste my money and time on replacing just a ball joint, yes the cost is a little more up front but easier to just replace the whole control arm and be done with it forever.
a factory control arm should only have to be replaced maybe once in 300k, however rust may play a factor for some.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffDubya

Latest posts