MACHO's 2011 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YuCanada

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh btw, I returned the 1st one and have my 2nd Street Scenes Hitch Cover. It still doesn't fit very well even with it Pinned in.....which leads me to believe my bumper is a little off. Going to see if it can be sanded down on the right side side where it is catching on the bumper and causing it to be ****-eyed. It really isn't a good fit but I can't bring myself to put on the ugly GM one. *Sigh*.

My Street Scene cover did the exact same thing!! And stupid me got it painted before even trying it on so I can't return it.

OP
OP
MACHO

MACHO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Street Scene cover did the exact same thing!! And stupid me got it painted before even trying it on so I can't return it.

Do you still use it? Reason I ask is I'm getting mine painted and am going to deal with it. Just wondering if it drives you crazy? I can't stand how the GM ONE looks so the SS will have to do.

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

which is?

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

nvm

Haha

YuCanada

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you still use it? Reason I ask is I'm getting mine painted and am going to deal with it. Just wondering if it drives you crazy? I can't stand how the GM ONE looks so the SS will have to do.

It's off enough that it doesn't go in unless I force it really hard. Then it ends up looking like the picture you posted. I'd say it's off by a good 1/4 inch. I was planning on cutting off the part that goes in the receiver and fiberglass ing it into the correct position.. Or epoxy or jb weld, but never got around to it.

I wonder if our bumpers are offset or if SS has some inconsistency issues.

OP
OP
MACHO

MACHO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My lights SMILE :)
e4y2ereq.jpg
Kinda cool when your esky brake light is bright enough to use as back up lights. Thanks again Vegasf6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968