Magneride towing experiences

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FrankG158

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey you all,

Just bought a 2024 Tahoe with Magneride and max trailering package. Was looking to hear how the towing is going with this setup when it doesn’t have the air ride in the rear anymore.

Thanks for any info/stories. We are typically towing about 6600lbs.

DontTaseMeBro

Reaction score
I'm sure air ride is awesome. My '22 doesn't have it. Do I wish I had it? Nope! The results below speak for themselves. Tows my 24' trailer with ease. The key is to get a quality WDH.

img_6307-jpeg.jpg

Capt Ed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My '23 Premier has magneride and max towing but no air ride and I don't want a WD hitch. It tows ok but for me , the suspension is too soft for truly great towing. I "feel" the trailer back there and I get 1 1/2" drop when it's attached. On the plus side, the 5.3 has plenty of power and after lots of tows, I don't notice it anymore.

DontTaseMeBro

Reaction score
My '23 Premier has magneride and max towing but no air ride and I don't want a WD hitch. It tows ok but for me , the suspension is too soft for truly great towing. I "feel" the trailer back there and I get 1 1/2" drop when it's attached. On the plus side, the 5.3 has plenty of power and after lots of tows, I don't notice it anymore.
Why wouldn’t you want a WD hitch? It literally solves the squat issue and eliminates sway if setup properly.

pa31p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WD hitch makes the ride nicer for sure, even with our small 3800lbs travel trailer the “tugging” much less with WDH and very little sag (420lbs on the tail)

because it’s a lighter trailer went with andersen wdhIMG_0584.jpeg, has anti sway system baked in but the short winnebago tandem axle trailers are super stable so not critical.

Certainly wish I’d gone with air suspension but not for the towing. ride probably much better.

d_hawk

Reaction score
Hey you all,

Just bought a 2024 Tahoe with Magneride and max trailering package. Was looking to hear how the towing is going with this setup when it doesn’t have the air ride in the rear anymore.

Thanks for any info/stories. We are typically towing about 6600lbs.

Just finished a trip from Tennessee to the Dakotas and back. I would strongly recommend a weight distributing hitch for your trailer. Page 289 of the owners manual for my 2021 Suburban says trailers over 6000 lbs require a weight distributing hitch.

To the guy above me, how do you like your Micro Minnie? I have had a 2100bh for about 6 months now.

Attachments

• IMG_0158.jpeg
    IMG_0158.jpeg
    259.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9127.jpeg
    IMG_9127.jpeg
    321.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8908.jpeg
    IMG_8908.jpeg
    316.4 KB · Views: 8

DontTaseMeBro

Reaction score
I don't know much about wd hitches but are they easy and quick to install/un-install?
Yes, very easy. Once setup, it pretty much is like a normal hitch other than the stabilizer bars/chains that connect to it. Those detach very easily too. I see no downsides to using one other than it usually can’t be used across multiple trailers unless each trailer has the necessary hardware on it.

pa31p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@d_hawk

We like the microminnie design very much, had a 2108 before. stable towing and descent value for what it is. easy to work on. 1720 we have a is pretty small, good for about 2 week trip with 2 people & small dog.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trex3