What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k_arnold72

Reaction score
Exhaust continues to evolve. First was tsp long tubes, catted y pipe and oem muffler. Sounded too high pitched and raspy.

Now I'm at headers, catted y pipe, and a single flowmaster pro series. Cold starts are too spicy for how early I leave so I'm probably going to put the flapper valve back in.

Next step will be cutting the y pipe in favor of the "borla switchfire".

Picture was taken when mocking up, everything is clamped or welded

Attachments

• 20240727_100757.jpg
    20240727_100757.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20240724_195345.jpg
    20240724_195345.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exhaust continues to evolve. First was tsp long tubes, catted y pipe and oem muffler. Sounded too high pitched and raspy.

Now I'm at headers, catted y pipe, and a single flowmaster pro series. Cold starts are too spicy for how early I leave so I'm probably going to put the flapper valve back in.

Next step will be cutting the y pipe in favor of the "borla switchfire".

Picture was taken when mocking up, everything is clamps or welded
Sounds great. How much were the long tubes and how hard was the install? You 4WD?
How's it sound at WOT?
I really want to add headers to mine at some point.

gtrslngrchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds great. How much were the long tubes and how hard was the install? You 4WD?
How's it sound at WOT?
If it's anything like my 05 there will be a lot of hammering.

k_arnold72

Reaction score
How's it sound at WOT?

These are what I got, except I found them on marketplace lightly used. Definitely a chore to install. Took me a whole weekend, but it was also was my first time doing headers and I'm a notoriously slow and steady worker. I do have 4wd, and didn't have any clearance issues. I changed my spark plugs at the same time, couple places mentioned that removing them gives more space to slide in and piece of mind that you won't break one. You'll need a variety of shallow and deep sockets, extensions, swivels, wrenches, etc. There are numerous helpful install videos on YouTube, especially for Silverados, but the process is the same. WOT sounds like a flock of bald eagles.

Last edited:

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score

These are what I got, except I found them on marketplace lightly used. Definitely a chore to install. Took me a whole weekend, but it also was my first time doing headers and I'm a notoriously slow and steady worker. I do have 4wd, and didn't have any clearance issues. I changed my spark plugs at the same time, couple places mentioned that removing them gives more space to slide in and piece of mind that you won't break one. You'll need a variety of shallow and deep sockets, extensions, swivels, wrenches, etc. There are numerous helpful install videos on YouTube, especially for Silverados, but the process is the same. WOT sounds like a flock of bald eagles.
Appreciate the information. Header install on my 5th get Camaro was a breeze. But the clearance on the Tahoe seems much tighter so I'd imagine it's a pain in the ass coming from the top or the bottom. (I assume bottom)
Apparently the headers for the 2019 cost $1000 more. No clue why that's the case on their site, don't understand what changed from 2018 to 2019 for bolt-on exhaust routing..

Down the line it'll be worth it for the WOT bald eagles you described. Feel free to post more videos of such, if you feel like it.

k_arnold72

Reaction score
Passenger side had to slide in from the bottom because of my hoses and lines in the engine bay. Driver side from the top, because I didn't want to remove the front drive shaft.

**Edit** @Jeff_ forgot to mention that you'll need O² extensions as well, downstream driver side and upstream passenger side. Be mindful of all cables and fuel line etc, make sure they're well supported or insulated.

Appreciate the information. Header install on my 5th get Camaro was a breeze. But the clearance on the Tahoe seems much tighter so I'd imagine it's a pain in the ass coming from the top or the bottom. (I assume bottom)
Apparently the headers for the 2019 cost $1000 more. No clue why that's the case on their site, don't understand what changed from 2018 to 2019 for bolt-on exhaust routing..

Down the line it'll be worth it for the WOT bald eagles you described. Feel free to post more videos of such, if you feel like it.

Last edited:

whjco

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So far in the 2 1/2 weeks I've owned my 2015 Yukon XL Denali, I've replaced the corroded shark-fin antenna, installed LED bulbs in all front head & fog lamps and backup lamps, treated exterior with ceramic protectant, replaced cabin air filter, installed mats in 3rd seat floor and cargo area.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does the screen stay on if it is in the raised position? or is it normal.to turn off when it is lifted up? Also if I put my hand on the top and apply any pressure at all the screen goes off. Trying to diagnose a issue
1000006303.jpg1000006304.jpg1000006305.jpg

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Doubeleive The screen in my ‘15 Yukon XL Denali always turned off when the screen was raised. Just like in your pic.

Not sure about the applying pressure from the top and it turning off?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbower11