McGaughy's 3/5 kit for a 2007 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Misfits1981

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone used this kit or heard good/bad things about it? The kit includes spindles and springs for the front, rear spring, axle relocator(?), and sway bar struts.

I'd like to get a kit that drops my Tahoe 3/5 and this one is priced right with free shipping on Summit Racing. Anything I should worry about or any other kit that is better for the price? Thanks all!

cdubbs1

Reaction score
Definitely buy the kit from Norcal SS! He is selling proven kits that people on the site are currently using.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
what size tires are you running?

no spring compressor needed you just change the arms.

red02chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After trying a bunch of different setups this is what I'd recommend.

Ground force spindles, McGaughys coil relocators, belltech 4230 trailblazer rear coils and some Belltech shocks. This is going to be a very easy setup to install and should be pretty cheap compared to buying a kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
with that much rear drop i always do the rear hardware kit from djm.

also with the relcoators and or springs front shocks honestly stock shocks aren't made to be lowered on. if you were only doing 2 inches id do spindles but for 3 inches id do a arms or if its higher mileage spindles with the belltech drop struts (better ride)

just like the autoride truck we had here last week that blew out a shock with the mcgaughys relocator set up ive seen the same on others but its up to you (ive had more than a few sets of front struts go bad with lowered springs on the 07 ups same idea shock shaft goes farther into the shock and oem struts are not designed for it) Either way you go no matter what the truck will look better when all is said and done.

Last edited:

red02chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm working on new sway bar end links, 4 link bars and a pan hard right now for mine. I'd recommend that over the relocators.

I will never purchase anything from djm. We put a set of 4" lower control arms on an 08 ext cab and the fitment and geometry was horrible. It would not even get close to aligning anywhere near where it should be. The flip kit was a ************* too . Needless to say the customer ending up having to order McGaughy's parts to replace everything. I've done probably 15 of the coil relocators and haven't had a single issue with any of them.

Theres a lot of different choices out there and it all boils down to what the persons looking for.

By the way Tony, thanks for the heads up on the bell 4230 coils. I finally got mine installed and cut a coil off and am sitting at roughly 31 1/2" in the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Like Jon said. DJMs has zero quality to it.
I installed there rear harware kit and the trailing arm relocators too forever to persuade in, then the sway bar end links bushings were way to big, I had to dremel them down.
Never again, the control arms I know for a fact are nothing but trouble on these GM SUVs/trucks!

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
funny thing ive installed locally over 50 plus kits only had 1 issue and then sold many more on here and have yet one person that bought a kit from me come on here said the arms had issues.

As long as I have no issues with them ill keep using them here but granted for 3 inches high mileage I would spindles/drop struts before anything on a customers truck.

I stand behind my sales and yet have had ANYONE HERE or locally buy a kit have issues with it. Only thing i have come across is a balljoint issue which djm sent a new one out no quetsions asked.

not going to turn this into this better than that.

and red02 all good on those springs they drop the truck the most thats for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mmorris501