Midas brake job problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

catamount

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had new rotors and drums put on my '97 Tahoe 4x4 by Midas and within a short time had warping all around. Midas turned the front rotors and replaced the rear rotors a 2nd time which needed turning even as new. Having the problem again with less than 10,000 miles on the brakes. Never had this issue with GM service. Is Midas is using cheap parts or the wrong brake pads/shoes leading to this problem or is something else possibly going on?

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cheap parts...is what wer all use...

Either way its under warranty, bring it back and smile :)

I know it sucks, but how much cheaper is it compared to GM?

I'm tight for time I'll discuss this further after work.

ff40

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they use crap parts. Next time save yourself a few bucks and do the install too. Brakes are pretty simple.

PH99TAHOE

Reaction score
I had new rotors and drums put on my '97 Tahoe 4x4 by Midas and within a short time had warping all around. Midas turned the front rotors and replaced the rear rotors a 2nd time which needed turning even as new. Having the problem again with less than 10,000 miles on the brakes. Never had this issue with GM service. Is Midas is using cheap parts or the wrong brake pads/shoes leading to this problem or is something else possibly going on?

If they have to turn a new rotor or drum, that's proof of inferior parts.:)

Jim_Rockford

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Too much money for crappy ass service. You got charged a premium price for Cheap ass parts.

longstand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just learn something here..

I had the same problem as you..

i purchase a Front Rooter for my Geo Metro and the first day i had it. and install it i had a weid noise and felling while i hit the brake..

i guest its warp just like yours..

How do you fix that beside buying a new one?

Resurface it?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Something like that. Products made with cheap metals or where proper manufacturing processes are not followed or skipped= crappy product