Midas brake job problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jim_Rockford

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you even bother to taking it back to get your money back? or are you going to just let them take advantage.

longstand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
iam not even going to bother searching for my receipt.. it will take a few weeks to send it to me anyway.

i will just buy a pair here in autozone its really really cheap. its about $45 for a pair.. not bad.

"" Its all about the install too...YOU JUST do not slap pads on a truck and go, you need to take the car out on a test drive and MESH the pads to the rotors. Thats light stopping from a speed of 10-15 mph and you push the metal gently to a stop. Do it about 5 times then I take it up to speeds of 25-30 and do the same thing. ""

note above. i did that too.. and i also hit the Brake and the Gas going down a BIG hill at about 40 MPG to MESH them together and hit up the pad and rotor.
IT was SMOKINNNNG.. but it fix the problem for a while.. By the way i have the slot rotor.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
You warped it all right but on the good side as cheap as they are that is probably the first heat treatment they have had since being cast. :evillol:

Read this for more info:

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/tech/techpage.jsp?techid=85

Don't know which brand you bought and it probably is not one sold by tirerack but I would recommend the hawk pads procedure. It is as closeest match as I can think of that is most recommended by many companies in the business.

You should have had instructions when you bought the parts or you would also find it in a monitor.

webf2010

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cheap Parts

I had new rotors and drums put on my '97 Tahoe 4x4 by Midas and within a short time had warping all around. Midas turned the front rotors and replaced the rear rotors a 2nd time which needed turning even as new. Having the problem again with less than 10,000 miles on the brakes. Never had this issue with GM service. Is Midas is using cheap parts or the wrong brake pads/shoes leading to this problem or is something else possibly going on?

Thats why guys please do not use cheaply available local parts for your vehicles otherwise you may have to face the same.