Mikeyss Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I had to replace my alternator again, this time I got a Mechman 250 amp. This should keep my dual batteries happier now. At idle, even with my dual 700W cooling fans running on hi, the gauge stays at 14V. While I was tinkering, I put some ensolite under the engine cover to quiet down the engine bay, and it works well. Now, on to the pictures:

View attachment 426388View attachment 426389View attachment 426390View attachment 426391
It still looks mostly factory popping the hood. It makes me kinda sad that it's hard to see my nice TSP heads and my ARH long tube headers though.
Stealthy.

OP
OP
mikeyss

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am about to drive back home from CO to PA to visit my parents for 2 weeks. I got an alignment done and a rotate and balance done for a smooth ride. I also decided it's time the Tahoe gets better lighting for night time cruises.
IMG20240820182415.jpg
I'll be starting the install tomorrow. The headlights are from Spyder with projector H.I.D., and the fog lights are Morimoto L.E.D.
Now I won't have to worry about not seeing deer getting to run out in front of me, and it will help with my old man night vision without blinding other drivers.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
I am about to drive back home from CO to PA to visit my parents for 2 weeks. I got an alignment done and a rotate and balance done for a smooth ride. I also decided it's time the Tahoe gets better lighting for night time cruises.
View attachment 435776
I'll be starting the install tomorrow. The headlights are from Spyder with projector H.I.D., and the fog lights are Morimoto L.E.D.
Now I won't have to worry about not seeing deer getting to run out in front of me, and it will help with my old man night vision without blinding other drivers.
Hell yea let me know how you like the fog lights! I need a set in the future. I actually have those same headlights in my parts truck I’ve been slacking on swapping over into the Tahoe IMG_7967.jpeg

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the new headlights installed, but am having a problem with the DRL and the LED bar not coming on. The HID, the high beams, and the turn signals work though. I have tonight, and all day tomorrow to figure it out before my 2 week road trip.

What did you get?

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's my understanding the C-bars only come on with the parking lights. Is the wiring connected? The C-bars have a little plug you have to hook up in the side marker area.

OP
OP
mikeyss

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's my understanding the C-bars only come on with the parking lights. Is the wiring connected? The C-bars have a little plug you have to hook up in the side marker area.
I found that plug, but my kit also came with 2 wires not connected to anything but they had the wires stripped at the ends. I had to solder those ends to my parking light wires and they now work. As for the DRL issue, I was trying to activate them the wrong way, so I used my tech2 to manually turn them on and they work.
I'll post pics later, I have to tie up some wires and mount the ballasts.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found that plug, but my kit also came with 2 wires not connected to anything but they had the wires stripped at the ends. I had to solder those ends to my parking light wires and they now work. As for the DRL issue, I was trying to activate them the wrong way, so I used my tech2 to manually turn them on and they work.
I'll post pics later, I have to tie up some wires and mount the ballasts.
Good job man!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good look headlights! Excited to see how they look on truck! Hopefully they’re good quality!! I did t know you could get aftermarket housings with HIDs and correct projectors for that already installed in them now. That’s cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Gumbo