Miscellaneous Maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02GreyTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, so if any of you have seen my first couple posts, I've solved my oil issue. It was the PCV valve. Thanks for the advice on that one. Now I have a couple other questions that hopefully somebody here has experience with. My truck has thrown a code for the mass air flow sensor a couple of times. Now, it only does this when its warm outside and your are driving like an idiot, aka accelerating fast all the time. Should I have it checked out, or just replace it myself? I'm handy enough to do this kind of work. Also, like most V8's, when its cold out, mine does the old cold-start-knock where for the first couple minutes it knocks either until its warmed up or until, if you immediately drive, it shifts into second then it's gone. Any ideas or knowledge would be greatly appreciated! FYI this is on a 2002 Tahoe 5.3 4x4 with 128k on the clock.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All those years have a cold engine knock so I wouldn't be concerned with it. As far as the MAF sensor, have you cleaned it with MAF cleaner? Its very simple, just pull it off, unplug it from the vehicle, spray the cleaner all in it and let it dry before reinstalling. If that don't fix it, you may need a new one. Look around online and you can find them relatively cheap.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be sure to just spray with maf cleaner and let air dry. Do not scrub or touch the maf.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2024 Tahoe Brian