more help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackout82

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so my ac and cruise doesnt work. i dont have leds and i have check all the fuses and mains. my brake lights all work. so now what?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you say your ac doesn't work do you mean that air blows but it's just not cold or that the fan just doesn't blow at all? Also, the cruise could be an issue with your switch. :shrug:

OP
OP
B

blackout82

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
it blows. i cant hear the compressor engaging. ive read that some people have problems with both ac and cruise goin out cuz they put in leds. but i dont have leds.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe that the two issues are probably unrelated. Sounds like you need a new compressor for your AC and your cruise switch may or may not need to be replaced...

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the compressor is engaging ...I would tend to think it just needs a refill

The OP stated he cannot hear the compressor engaging...

OP
OP
B

blackout82

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
well my truck is loud as hell so i really cant hear anything. when i push the ac button it doesnt even light up

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well my truck is loud as hell so i really cant hear anything. when i push the ac button it doesnt even light up

When I had this issue on my '99 denali they ended up having to replace the compressor along with a few lines in the system. I'd have a shop take a look at it unless you're well versed in AC work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HIGHHOPES