My first post

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hey you

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Tahoe LT with 125K miles. Runs good and I am liking this car.
But two things are giving me issues...

First the TPMS system. I put new tires and wheels on the vehicle, with new sensors. The two front sensors last for about 15 minutes then start failing. Sometimes the left, sometimes the right, very inconsistent. Sometimes they come back for a period of time, then usually fail again. Rear sensors working great. Do you think this problem is the sensors, or the vehicle. I have the relearn tool, and
have accomplished the process several times, but the failures continue with the front wheels???

Second, the low beam DRL headlights, projectors. Very poor illumination when dark, have to keep high beams on to see. The high beams are halogens and work great. Can I replace the low beams with
aftermarket LEDs? I have had good luck with them previously.

Thanks for your advice and help...

dave

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

It is possible that you have 2 defective new TPMS sensors, though that seems somewhat unlikely. You could try to replace then as defective and see if the issue goes away. If not, you'll need a quality bi-directional scan tool to troubleshoot more completely.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome!
tpms it's probably funky sensors, go back to wherever you got them and have them replaced.
lights yes you can upgrade them I would use HID to replace HID, the factory hid's are only 25w, you can upgrade to a good aftermarket 35/55w for a couple hundred bucks and have much better light output.

OP
OP
H

Hey you

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply guys, I am going to try the parts store, maybe they bad! I only have a foxwell NT510 scan tool,
and that most likely will not do the trick.
I will keep you posted, and pics will follow.

OP
OP
H

Hey you

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Quick update
I pulled out the existing bulbs, they were LED already, but I think cheap ones as they had no marking at all.
Replaced with halogen H11's which I had from a previous venicle, will give these a try before looking into better LEDs.

TPMS update... this is strange. Usually my failures occur after about 20 minutes drive time. Yesterday I drove for over
an hour, no failure! The only difference is the speed of driving, about 60 to 65 vs 70. I intend to monitor this more
and see it this could be speed related.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had good luck with Morimoto and Auxito LEDs. Both brands stand behind their products.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A TPMS tool would show the status of the sensors: battery level, frequency, etc. and might point you in the right direction for the diagnosis. Seems like a tire shop would scan them for you and give you a report.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dgrose