Need Engine Code Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iuhoosiersfan03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am just getting started with my 2003 Tahoe 5.3L Flex so bare with me. I just put a Air Raid Cold Air Intake and a TBI Spacer on and now my Check Engine light came on.

After using a Power Pup programmer to retrieve my engine codes the result is:

P0171 = System Too Lean (Bank 1)
P0174 = System Too Lean (Bank 2)
P1626 = Anti-Theft System Fuel Enable Circuit (Passkey Errors)

Then two more codes I haven't found info on.....P=026 and P=041.

I am running the computer at stock.

I plan on removing the TBI Spacer because I have read that it does ZERO for you....according to Jenna's Post.

Has anybody else ran into this and what have they done to correct it.

THANKS!!

Eric "Newbie" Hamilton

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
a leak somewhere around the TB? After you take off the TB spacer, reset the computer by dis-connecting the battery for a few, then see if it resets.

allDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i used to work a a dealership and the codes that show are a intake vacuum leak or a 02 sensor problem. remove the spacer & clear codes. the two codes at you cannot find are because those codes do not exsits. all codes show a letter & 4 digits. the passkey code is a prior code that did not cause the mil light to come on, in the future you may not be able to start it due to this code, if this happens try a different key. there are many other reasons for this code, but most likley is from a worn ignition cylinder.

tahoe7689

Full Access Member
Reaction score
because you have both banks running lean it will probably be a leak like everyone else said. If you get rid of that and it still doesnt work look to the MAF, when you installed your intake make sure you didnt touch the MAF or get it dirty. If you did you may have damaged it, so you will have to get a new one because they are very sensitive (I have gone through two in order to find one that finally worked correctly). If removing the TBS didnt fix the codes try cleaning the MAF with special MAF specific cleaner ONLY! If this doesnt work then you will probably need a new MAF.

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put a Air Raid Cold Air Intake

how much oil did u put on the new filter?
take out ur mass sensor and clean it

i bet that sensors dirty cuz u put to much oil on it and didnt let it dry enough

just a thought happed to my buddy thew all kinds of codes some that u listed he changed his 02 sensors and his fuel filters injector cleaner and it was a simple fix
that the DEALERSHIP found and costed him alot of money

good luck, member check the simple stuff first

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevy100