Need engine tuned in west-central Indiana

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BobM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I need someone to tune my '07 Tahoe. I ran it for years after having it tuned so that DOD/AFM were deleted. Has a cat-back and CAI (Sounds great!) But I dropped two cylinders and assumed it had a coupla lifters collapse (Yeah I know what assuming does! 1f641.png ).
I found an aluminum block Gen IV engine on Marketplace that already had an AMS Racing non-AFM DOD delete cam and lifters installed. Engine was about what I would have paid for the DOD-AFM delete kit.
I have had a heart attack and couldn't install the engine myself. A friend of my son installed the engine (He has a part-time shop and I paid him.). But the new engine is running rich on both banks and setting off PO300, PO175 and PO172 codes. He doesn't know how to tune it.
I took it to the shop that had deleted the DOD-AFM years ago, but they got all snarky because I didn't have them rebuild my original engine and they just charged me $145 after two days and just told me what codes it was throwing! 1f641.png
Can anybody in west-central Indiana help this old one-eyed fatman?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968