Need help with HID Fog Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Ups

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got my DDM kit in the mail about a week ago, got under my 03 Tahoe and tried to plug the lights in, but the HID bulb was too long to fit into the fog light?

Is there a fix to this? How did you guys get the 880 HID Bulbs into the stock fog housing?

Thanks.

OP
OP
B

Big Ups

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah, it's an 880. It just won't go all the way, it keeps hitting that metal piece in the fog so I can't lock it in.

Arctic-Rodz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^ damn! im about to order HID's from DDM too. Did you figure anything out about this? Is it a different bulb if its the rectangular housing form the round Z71 fog light housing?

calderb123

Reaction score
^^ damn! im about to order HID's from DDM too. Did you figure anything out about this? Is it a different bulb if its the rectangular housing form the round Z71 fog light housing?

it fits no problem in the z71, the bulb is pretty close to the lense but it doesnt touch it.

Night Fury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do what i did, grab needle nose pliars and if its the driver side fog light, pinch it and bend towards the inside of the car (towards the passanger side) so the bulb will slide in and wont hit the metal piece. vise versa for the passanger side.

Venom One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will the HID bulbs fit in the rectangular fog lights without modification on my 05 Yukon?

OP
OP
B

Big Ups

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'll try manipulating the metal piece some how. Don't want to break it off though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts