Need some quick help- 2009 Tahoe won't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

orange72blazer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My wife called me today & said that her 2009 Tahoe 5.3 flexfuel won't start. If you turn the key the engine turns over but will not start, I tried several times & it just keeps turning over but won't fire. The last few days it has been starting hard when cold & when it does start it runs rough for the first few seconds but then its fine, also when you shut the engine off it it stops running then a second later there is kind of a **** sound like it's backfiring or dieseling. The SES light is on & I had the codes read Saturday & they only came up with P0449 & p0455(emissions stuff) which I have parts ordered to fix & which have both been on there for a while now.

Anyone have any ideas on what it could be? I just checked the fuel pressure & thats good.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
orange72blazer,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. I understand that you are looking for technical advice regarding this issue. I might not be able to give you any technical advice but if you find that you may need to have your vehicle looked at by a dealership, I would be happy to make this process as easy as possible. Please private message me referencing this thread if I can be of any assistance.

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

harveje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you hear the fuel pump spin up once the key is turned?
can you scan it to see if any additional codes are set?

OP
OP
O

orange72blazer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
can you hear the fuel pump spin up once the key is turned?
can you scan it to see if any additional codes are set?
I can hear the fuel pump turning on when I turn the key. I will have to see if I can borrow one of my buddies scanners to see if any more codes poped up since Saturday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968