New 2 Door!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevrolado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From that seller..
I say you buy this monster instead.. haha.

635296323249027365.jpg

So sick. hah. :D

Sorry, that doesnt help you at all.. I just had to point that thing out. I love it. :happy160:

00Caddy

Reaction score
It's overpriced for being in tx..

Why is it over priced for Texas? If it is a texas truck and no rust and everything is working well enough for an old truck then its worth every penny he pays for it. Had a 97 2-door yukon with 140k on the clock, intake mani leak, bald tires, ripped drivers seat, bad carpet, blown speakers and i pad 7250 out the door and that was in 2009.

OP
OP
2doorfiend

2doorfiend

Reaction score
New 2 door

Thanks everyone for your feedback, i have noticed that every 4x4 is overpriced in texas, but as a 2 door lover i was willing to bite the bullet. Haha i found that monster too, drove it, loved it, almost changed my mind!! But it wasn't exactly what i wanted. I ended up buying one sight- unseen in Oklahoma, with 90k miles and the exterior/ interior were in almost perfect shape... Until i took off those ****** chrome fender protector things. One small rust hole. Its below the body line, so im going to try my hand at body work and prime, then rhino line it. Other than that i have finally found my 1996 2 door yukon. Ill post pictures as soon as i finish the body work.

Again, thank you for the replies, i appreciate you guys sharing the knowledge.

SwampHound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your feedback, i have noticed that every 4x4 is overpriced in texas, but as a 2 door lover i was willing to bite the bullet. Haha i found that monster too, drove it, loved it, almost changed my mind!! But it wasn't exactly what i wanted. I ended up buying one sight- unseen in Oklahoma, with 90k miles and the exterior/ interior were in almost perfect shape... Until i took off those ****** chrome fender protector things. One small rust hole. Its below the body line, so im going to try my hand at body work and prime, then rhino line it. Other than that i have finally found my 1996 2 door yukon. Ill post pictures as soon as i finish the body work.

Again, thank you for the replies, i appreciate you guys sharing the knowledge.

Good luck on the body work, can't wait for pics!

nicliv

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Congrats

Glad you got what you wanted. Hope she treats you well. Enjoy and have a safe trip. Block heater a must

OP
OP
2doorfiend

2doorfiend

Reaction score
Pictures are in

Finally got around to getting the pictures off my phone... So far it's just been cosmetics, havent done enough research in the performance mods section yet.

Question: in the 2nd photo, can anyone tell me if this truck has a trans or oil cooler? or both?

Ebay photo: before
IMG_1227.jpg
Immediately ripped off the side moulding and running boards and installed a new grill and lights
image (4).jpg
image (8).jpg
image (2).jpg

SwampHound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like that grille. Did you smoke the turn signals?

Sent while drivi-

Chevrolado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check to see if, from your oil filter, you have these two lines running off of it. They should actually run up and plug into the drivers side top and bottom of the radiator.
If you have that setup (which I believe you do), that would be your oil cooling.

8749904390_61c36dcfb8.jpg

OP
OP
2doorfiend

2doorfiend

Reaction score
I'm in the Houston/Magnolia/College Station area of Texas, anyone know a good place to get headers and dual exhaust done? I figured i could just order some online, but i cant seem to find any duals *out the back* and everyone i know that knows anything about cars (few and far between) says i need to get them custom fitted. I've read a lot in the performance section, I think i'm going to go with the blackbear tune, and volant cold air intake. I've already trimmed the air dam on my intake (I know this is probably piddly shit to you guys, but i felt like a badass)

Here are some pictures of the rust spot i found under the trim. once i started grinding away, the inside caved in as well! luckily a small sliver of the actual corner steel was still in place! I dont know if i could have mimicked the corner otherwise.
photo.jpg
image (1).jpg
image (7).jpg
image (9).jpg
image.jpg

I was really impressed with myself at how simple body work is. Saved $300 and the supplies were only about $50
*with bondo, that is, i know nothing about welding

I was so impressed that i took off the bumpers, removed the molding on those, and after scuffing the crome with 80 grit filled in each one. then i primed them with self etching and epoxy primer and the truck is now at a shop being bed lined (rocker panels and bumpers) and tinted.

OP
OP
2doorfiend

2doorfiend

Reaction score
I blacked out the corner lights, wheels, and third brake with plasti dip :D
I absolutely love the stuff and cant get enough of it.
The actual turn signals are just black housing LEDs though
*my last car also god dipped in similar places
DSC_1072.JPG
DSC_1079.jpg
This baby is still for sale if anyone wants to take it off my hands!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52