New 2014 Yukon Denali owner - Need help on headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BFC Automotive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're using the same Denali aftermarket replicas you should use the original Gatling because it has the same mix of chrome and textured finish as the Denali lamps.

If you're buying the regular Yukon headlamps then use the Gatling 2.0 which I believe is full chrome to match the full chrome of those headlamps.

Do not use the Mini Gatling shroud which is usually sold as part of the kit ... that shroud is for very small headlights and will look too small in the massive Yukon round reflector.

I pointed out the difference in the Denali vs Base Yukon headlamps in this post: http://tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=725726#post725726
Serge- Some good info and reads there - the Mini Gatlings are completely too small to look proper in these housings at all.

The Yukon housings are definitely an all chrome setup - there's actually a set here today that's being finalized (we opted for Apollo 1.0 shrouds on them for a smooth all chrome look).

It should be noted that the Original Gatling shrouds have a horrible finish on them. While the Denali Replica housings do in fact have a slightly "textured" silver/chrome finish in a few spots - the Gatling 1.0 shrouds finish looks so much worse when compared to those areas inside the housings.

It's almost like a severe "orange peel" effect. We rarely use these shrouds, unless we know we're painting them. Just thought I'd add that info in here for anyone wondering or reading :)

Thanks Serge. I sent him an email just now to clarify which housing and which shroud. Production doesn't begin until the 17th, but he did send me an email to tell me that "housings" were already on there way to his shop. -hope they are the right ones.....

Got the message Robert - responded a few minutes ago :)

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ji JB,

Obviously I defer to your expertise as you work with these components on a daily basis.

For my part I was extremely happy with the look of the original Gatlings because they also complemented the different textures of the Tahoe headlights perfectly:

DSC00507_zps59780585.jpg

I have some better pics somewhere if needed, but there's a video linked in my sig.

Nice to see you around here JB. :)

BFC Automotive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ji JB,

Obviously I defer to your expertise as you work with these components on a daily basis.

For my part I was extremely happy with the look of the original Gatlings because they also complemented the different textures of the Tahoe headlights perfectly:

I have some better pics somewhere if needed, but there's a video linked in my sig.

Nice to see you around here JB. :)

Thanks. Glad to be back on here. The Tahoe, Yukon & Denali lights are so great to work with to be honest. We're working on becoming official vendors again - gotta talk to Bryan on that this week.

Anyhow - those Gatlings you have pictured there, are actually the 2nd revision, before they went back to an all chrome setup - which is what we're left with now - icky chrome.

You can see it a little bit in the pic below...
Gatling%20Gun%20Shrouds-9820.jpg

OP
OP
madmanhiker

madmanhiker

Reaction score
JB from Black Flame Customs really took care of me. I'll spare the specifics and just show the pics. The headlights are fantastic and the fit/finish is very good as well.

PICS HERE

:)

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Retro looks amazing, as if it were OEM.

Chrome bug deflector ... :(

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the most flashy bug guard on the board FTW.

I do like the retrofit. Night time pics please

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968