New alternator, flickering lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The amp spec is usually stamped on the alternator housing. And the 145a usually has the dark gap between the case halves, while the 105a does not. 145a shown:

22055_SID__ra_p_resized.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Timc9516

Reaction score
Well guys the holidays hit and it was 17 degrees feels like 0 so I'm gonna try Saturday morning ill let you know what happens

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yea, I know what you mean. Cold spell went thru here today. Down to 40 degrees. Looking forward to normal, rain and 45 at least.

Last edited:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Glad it got taken care of by them. It's always good when they stand behind the product with no grief to customer.

Did you ever figure out if is 105 amp or 145 amp?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I went to advance today and swapped the alternator and it seems to have fixed it. Thank you guys for the help

Thank you for getting back to us with your resolution. Our collective knowledge base is increased.

bladenbullet

Reaction score
what you were experiencing is called diode ripple...an alternating current leak through the diodes...with a description of your concern the alternator should have been exchanged the first time you brought it in...

the diodes change alternating current to direct current to operate your vehicle...a failing diode will leak a "ripple" on the dc current and can screw up a lot of things...many transmission concerns are alternator related due to the electronic controls...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trojjan