New guy here with a new whip.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gixxersixxer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just found this site and decided to join. Came across this vehicle on cars.com after looking for a new bike a couple of weeks ago online. Showed it to the wife and she instantly wanted it. After making the trip to Utah and a successful test drive, bought it and drove it home a week ago. It's a 2005 Yukon Denali. It has 49k miles on it. The picture doesnt do it justice. Vehicle is in prestine condition! The third row has never been sat on. The dvd screen still had the plastic film on it from the factory, along with the headsets and remotes. They came in the original packaging unopened with the batteries still in the shrink wrap. The previous owner, who was an older gentleman took very well care of it. Interior still looks new. He was the only owner of the car and always had it serviced from the dealer from the time it was sold to the time it was traded in. With the low mileage and condition of the vehicle it was hard to pass it up. The only thing wrong with it is the rear diff pinion seal has a slight seeping/leak that I need to get fixed. We really like it! I bought it for $18750, which I thought isnt bad... Considering I was looking at escalades/denali's in the same price range with double the mileage and not as in good of shape. I've always owned import cars and this is my first GM. I really like it so far. Here she is...

621f5538.gif

I did add a service contract on my loan but decided to cancel and look for a different company. Anyone know of a really good company for extended warranty/service contract? The gm service dept locally is suggesting Zurich... Thanks and I look forward to being a part of this forum.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
She's gorgeous!

Welcome aboard.

Now slap a set of CK805s on her and then we'll discuss bug deflecturz. :)

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just found this site and decided to join. Came across this vehicle on cars.com after looking for a new bike a couple of weeks ago online. Showed it to the wife and she instantly wanted it. After making the trip to Utah and a successful test drive, bought it and drove it home a week ago. It's a 2005 Yukon Denali. It has 49k miles on it. The picture doesnt do it justice. Vehicle is in prestine condition! The third row has never been sat on. The dvd screen still had the plastic film on it from the factory, along with the headsets and remotes. They came in the original packaging unopened with the batteries still in the shrink wrap. The previous owner, who was an older gentleman took very well care of it. Interior still looks new. He was the only owner of the car and always had it serviced from the dealer from the time it was sold to the time it was traded in. With the low mileage and condition of the vehicle it was hard to pass it up. The only thing wrong with it is the rear diff pinion seal has a slight seeping/leak that I need to get fixed. We really like it! I bought it for $18750, which I thought isnt bad... Considering I was looking at escalades/denali's in the same price range with double the mileage and not as in good of shape. I've always owned import cars and this is my first GM. I really like it so far. Here she is...

621f5538.gif

I did add a service contract on my loan but decided to cancel and look for a different company. Anyone know of a really good company for extended warranty/service contract? The gm service dept locally is suggesting Zurich... Thanks and I look forward to being a part of this forum.

Yep, VERY NICE looking rig.

I do agree with Serge (Soulsea), take a look at my albums in regards to what rims and tires were on my Yukon prior to installing the NNBS Denali 20's. Huge difference.

And please Serge, let me know as soon as you start the bug deflector discussion, as I would like to get my 2 cents in as well. ;)

OP
OP
G

gixxersixxer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you. Hahaha! Hey the bug deflector was on there when I bought and I havent taken the time to take it off. I'm not a big fan of deflectors either. With my wife driving it most of the time, just havent had a chance to take it off. I'm not a big fan of the color myself... I really wanted white or black, but with the low mileage it was a no brainer for me.

I have been looking at rims lately. I want to go black, not a big fan of chrome. Man 22+ rims for these suvs are freaking expensive lol. Any suggestions on some black rims, besides taking the deflector off ha...

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you. Hahaha! Hey the bug deflector was on there when I bought and I havent taken the time to take it off. I'm not a big fan of deflectors either. With my wife driving it most of the time, just havent had a chance to take it off. I'm not a big fan of the color myself... I really wanted white or black, but with the low mileage it was a no brainer for me.

I have been looking at rims lately. I want to go black, not a big fan of chrome. Man 22+ rims for these suvs are freaking expensive lol. Any suggestions on some black rims, besides taking the deflector off ha...

Beauty shall always be in the eye of the beholder. ;)

Myself, I do NOT dislike the color of your truck and I agree in regards to the no brainer. BUT, I personally do not like black rims, especially with your body color. On a black truck, ok for me. Otherwise, with the style and class of the Denali, no black for me. But again, this is just my opinion. If we would all like the same, there would only be Vanilla ice cream out there. :)

Try craigslist, people are always selling rims/wheels/tires there. I purchased my NNBS Denali Set off a 2011 Denali with 300 miles on the tires for 1200 bucks on craigslist.

eBay also does usually have pretty descent deals on rims and tires for our trucks.

Good luck shopping and keep us posted. God knows how long it took me to pick some rims for my truck. Serge must have lost lots of hair while helping me out. :)

OP
OP
G

gixxersixxer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Beauty shall always be in the eye of the beholder. ;)

Myself, I do NOT dislike the color of your truck and I agree in regards to the no brainer. BUT, I personally do not like black rims, especially with your body color. On a black truck, ok for me. Otherwise, with the style and class of the Denali, no black for me. But again, this is just my opinion. If we would all like the same, there would only be Vanilla ice cream out there. :)

Try craigslist, people are always selling rims/wheels/tires there. I purchased my NNBS Denali Set off a 2011 Denali with 300 miles on the tires for 1200 bucks on craigslist.

eBay also does usually have pretty descent deals on rims and tires for our trucks.

Good luck shopping and keep us posted. God knows how long it took me to pick some rims for my truck. Serge must have lost lots of hair while helping me out. :)

Dont get me wrong I love the truck! I dont dislike the color, just dont prefer it. However the color is starting to grow on me the more I drive it and see it. Something about black rims... I've always liked them. I will have to see about having some black ones on there to see how it looks vs some chrome ones...

Thanks... I've been searching craigslist, just waiting for the right rims to come along. I have seen some good deals on there though. A friend of mine scored some black 22's for his denali on there for $300 with good tires off of a denali as well. Ebay, I've had some issues there before with a seller. I try to stay away from that place.

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

Beautiful Denali!! Sounds like you got a great deal!

Thank you, we are very pleased with it. I will tell you what, having kids... that dvd system in the car, is the best invention since sliced bread.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beautiful color on that Denali but I may be a bit biased :D Maroon and Dark Green are my favorite colors on a vehicle. I would personally have to vote no on the black rims idea but I'm not a fan of black rims at all to be honest with you. Some are able to pull it off quite nicely but those are all on black rides.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the ride. I like it :waytogo:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you get black rims it might clash with the chrome Denali front end. Do you play on painting all the chrome gloss black?