New owner of a 08 Z71 Tahoe!...with questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jranaudo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
70k miles and I paid $20k.

The truck is in amazing condition outside and inside. Literally looks new without a scratch or blemish really anywhere. Drives great.

What are some of the things I need to consider maintenance wise? Mods wise?

So I have some questions. I have been trying to determine the maximum towing rating. I have the 5.3 with the 3.73 gears. I looked in the manual and it says....

5.3 | 3.73 | 7000lbs
5.3 "Extended Models" | 3.73 | 8000lbs

What exactly does "Extended Models" mean?

IMG_1193.jpg

MichaelSE

2010 2500
Reaction score
Extended models is referring to the Suburban and Yukon XL. I believe GM gave them all (Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon, Yukon XL) the same manual to save money.

In other words, you can tow 7000.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay. I thought when you saw those fenders it had the 6.2 motor. I have seen a couple of them online.

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
70k miles and I paid $20k.

The truck is in amazing condition outside and inside. Literally looks new without a scratch or blemish really anywhere. Drives great.

What are some of the things I need to consider maintenance wise? Mods wise?

So I have some questions. I have been trying to determine the maximum towing rating. I have the 5.3 with the 3.73 gears. I looked in the manual and it says....

5.3 | 3.73 | 7000lbs
5.3 "Extended Models" | 3.73 | 8000lbs

What exactly does "Extended Models" mean?

IMG_1193.jpg
I love the z71 model but why do the fender flairs look so bulky on this model ?

Over all beautiful truck. I see they gave the truck a simple roof rack. What options does it have that you know of ?

Jason_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maintenance wise you should consider replacing all filters and all fluids, especially coolant and brake fluid. Let the dealership run the vin number for any outstanding campaigns or recalls. Even if you do not replace the serpentine belt, pull it off and spin all of the pulleys checking for rough bearing noises. I always put plugs and wires in a new to me used vehicle.

Consider skipping something if you have a receipt showing that it has been recently.

For mods, an oil catch can is a good starting point. The "big three" upgrade is something to consider also. Especially since you will probably have issues with either the positive or negative battery cable. Otherwise, just drive it and make it yours. Look through the forum for ideas.

Looks like you got a solid ride at a good price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapdapdap