NO SECURITY LIGHT and Tahoe WON'T start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blazer72

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i changed out the turn signal/dimmer/wiper/cruise module on my 1999 Tahoe. I also decided to take the last module out from the VIPER system that was installed in my Hoe when I bought it. Now, it won't start. I tried the 10-minute reset, it didn't work. I am not getting ANY warning lights whatsoever. I checked fuses, all looked ok. I didn't use a test light or anything.

PLEASE HELP!

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

It cranks, starts, runs for a half second, then shuts off

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
no light at all as in none come on before actual start? and no security light when off or on key wise? because it sounds from your writing that it is in a fuel disable mode.

devnull

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i changed out the turn signal/dimmer/wiper/cruise module on my 1999 Tahoe. I also decided to take the last module out from the VIPER system that was installed in my Hoe when I bought it. Now, it won't start. I tried the 10-minute reset, it didn't work. I am not getting ANY warning lights whatsoever. I checked fuses, all looked ok. I didn't use a test light or anything.

PLEASE HELP!

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

It cranks, starts, runs for a half second, then shuts off

Your security light could've been disconnected or removed because it stayed on persistently. What was the viper box you removed? Are you sure it wasnt a bypass module for the Passlock/EVO box?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ne44035