now im confused? and might be disapointed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok so i read a thread on here not to long ago about some of our 4x4s being "unmarked" z71s i think it was brought up by me putting a custom z71 decal on the side of the truck, i did this because before having knowledge of RPO codes i thought mine was indeed a z71 - bilstien shocks skid plates posi g80 ect..ect......the only thing mine doesnt have is the z71 wheels or fogs but in my own research i have found that only 99s had the signature rims and bumper with fogs (brushgaurd) mine is a 98 and have found none with these options i even have the catolog from the dealership no options found, but other than that everything else mine had i even talked to the first owner to find out if he had added any of these options b4 buying the truck he said no, i cant find the code in my glovebox to see if its a z71? i found this on another forum to back up my research . so what do i have? :confused:an unmarked unmarked mind f#$% z71 ? the reason im so admit on finding out if it is or not is because, when people ask me if it is my reply used to be yes and explain the options and how there was no difference but i dont want my claims to be false? besides i dont want it to be a "poser" i guess u could say, that would be like putting hybrid decals on my truck funny? yes of course . but realistic no
http://chevroletforum.com/forum/silverado-fullsize-pick-ups-21/what-does-z71-mean-32208/

OP
OP
Donnie Yukonie

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3.73 no two tone and had fender flares but took them off i kept them but it didnt look right on stock tires. it really doesnt make any sense a guy i work with has a 98 z71 silvy and i cant tell them apart options wise

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you should have the RPO code in the list if its a true Z71. mine is an "unstickered" 96 Z71.

only the special 99-00 4 door Z71 (some consider them a version of the limiteds) had the brushguard and fog bumper, 2 tone leather, wheels, and tail lights.

the Z71 package for the older trucks were basically shocks and skid plates and the junk G80.

Honestly if you have the added items on your truck i don't see why its a big deal? the dealership could have added the items to the truck or a previous owner.

OP
OP
Donnie Yukonie

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no 2 tone seats, i guess it just doesnt make any sense to me y if everything was on the truck that one comes with than y not mark it i am the second owner i talked to the first he told me he bought it that way

96yuk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A yukon never came in a true Z71 with badges, only the tahoes

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id like to gtet the skids for mine but my buddy has a 93 blazer and has z71 badges on the door trim. kinda weird and never seen em but on his. his truck has no skid plates on it either but has bilsten shocks. i have them too.. but i put them on. i didnt think they had z71 in 93?

96yuk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
blazer never had a z71 either. Z71 didnt start on tahoes until either 95 or 96 and it was the 2 doors only. 4 doors didnt have z71 until 2000 z71 limited. 2 door yukons had a gt for a couple of years and the 4 door yukon never had a special package except for a denali

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925