obs MPG

What Is the average MPG you get with your OBS tahoe,yukon or escalade

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arctic388

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have some very low tread 245/75-16's (when my speedo says 70 my GPS says 67).
according to the sticker it has 3.42 gears.

it just hit me that when i check my MPG its based on the trip meter and that is actually skewed some based on the inaccurate speedo reading. my normal day is a 48 mile roundtrip 60% of that is highway.

In a month or so i will be replacing the tires with 265/75-16's Duratrec's.

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i get 15.39 mpg consistently. I tried a few things (amsoil oil, amsoil air filter, took off air box lid, put it back on, change spark plugs, seafoamed it, used premium fuel) to help but nothing will give me an increase.

anybody have any suggestions to help with MPG ?

There is nothing, my truck is the same as yours. I tried differant air filters, oils, and even removed the airbox once. Nothing, same shit!

IMO there is nothing! Anyone who says they posted a gain say from an airfilter is cause there old one was shot. JMHO. Some say sparkplugs gain 3mpg, yes you may get 3mpg that your initialy lost cause maybe the old plugs had 100K on them. You cannot reinvent the wheel.

I do think a tune can help big time at the sacfice of power but I dont think any part will help us. Again JMHO

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could we turn this into a "what you could do to improve mileage thread", I'm sure most of us are looking for that.

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could we turn this into a "what you could do to improve mileage thread", I'm sure most of us are looking for that.

This thread was made for a specific reason. Once were finished I think you have an excellant point!

OP
OP
Trippers99hoe

Trippers99hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are all the guys from the MPG thread who said they were averaging 20MPG+

Last edited:

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are all the guys from the MPG thread who said they were averaging 20MPG+

I swear to God I was thinking the same thing! LMFAO

In all reality in my opinion the only way you can possibly get that mileage is if you have a 2wd 2door Tahoe/Yukon with 3.55 or lower gears. I may not be some certified mechanic but like I said in my other post I know/knew probably over a dozen differant people who owned these OBS trucks and not one person ever gotten 20 MPG. Shit they never got 18mpg! So im sorry when I get nasty when people say they get 22mpg with an OBS

OP
OP
Trippers99hoe

Trippers99hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swear to God I was thinking the same thing! LMFAO

In all reality in my opinion the only way you can possibly get that mileage is if you have a 2wd 2door Tahoe/Yukon with 3.55 or lower gears. I may not be some certified mechanic but like I said in my other post I know/knew probably over a dozen differant people who owned these OBS trucks and not one person ever gotten 20 MPG. Shit they never got 18mpg! So im sorry when I get nasty when people say they get 22mpg with an OBS

Well I am not gonna say it is impossible because as I stated in the first post here and in the MPG thread...I have got 18mpg on a couple of tanks while on vacation (i checked it by hand every fillup)But I was absolutely babying the truck trying to get good MPG.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968