obs MPG

What Is the average MPG you get with your OBS tahoe,yukon or escalade

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
a big part of this is the truck you're running with...some guys eluded to it, others didn't.

4dr 2dr 4x4 4x2 / stock suspension or lifted / stock tires or not.

SOOO many factors...even % of ethanol.

However, I don't give a flaming %^&$ what you drive, noone is getting 20+ with a 4dr....i saw a guy swear he was getting it a few months back on his 4dr.

Ok, I'm done :)

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a big part of this is the truck you're running with...some guys eluded to it, others didn't.

4dr 2dr 4x4 4x2 / stock suspension or lifted / stock tires or not.

SOOO many factors...even % of ethanol.

However, I don't give a flaming %^&$ what you drive, noone is getting 20+ with a 4dr....i saw a guy swear he was getting it a few months back on his 4dr.

Ok, I'm done :)

There were a few threads with 4 door trucks with 4wd getting 20+, then another thread with a guy with 4 people in the truck getting 22mpg! LMAO

Only if they knew what the real mileage was. ;)

My stock truck had a brand new full tune-up, new K&N, tires inflated to 38lbs and on a 1000 mile all highway trip I got something like 14mpg average. Mileage between one fillup was 15.5 and that was the best ever the whole 7 years we owned the truck. I have a feeling my numbers may have been off cause I NEVER got mileage like then again.

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just filled up after a tank of ALL city driving.

12.8 mpg

Thats great. Like already stated there are just too many variables to compare mileage. Nevermind a 4wd 4 door with 373's versus a 2wd 2 door with 355's the word "city" can have drastic differances. Im in queens NY which is pretty much a rocks throw from manhatten. One lane side streets with stop signs or red lights pretty much every block. Did I mention traffic? LOL

While city driving to people in say upstate or long island have 2 or 3 lane side streets. Red lights every few miles, etc.So IMO we cannot compare mileage. Wish we could but no friggen way! :Handshake:

Dalton916

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
'96 4WD Tahoe with 5.7 and 265/75/16's 3.42. 19 miles one way to work and it's all back roads with 45mph max and I average 15.5 mpg. I'm currently 108 miles into a tank of ethanol free and the airbox cover off.....we'll see. I do get 18 +/- on the interstate.

P.S. I rarely get over 2K RPM....unless some turd provokes me :D

Need to add that mine is a 4 door and I check mileage EVERY time I fill up. I have also used a gps for extended runs to verify the odometer. I have been as low as 12.x for a tankfull when not hauling anything and right at 10 pulling a camper (probably even below 10, but I was too damn depressed to check it, LOL).

TheBlueBeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so after a trip home, and a trip back to school, about 117 miles each way, this is what I have to report.

Going home 22.3 MPG, coming back to school 20.6. And yes I hand calculated these, I'm a grad student, which means I spend most of my time broke, so I don't have money for fun things yet, and I don't think a mileage calculator would be something I'd put near the top of my list anyways.

I have a 4-door, 4 wheel drive 1996 'hoe with 3.73, P265's (radar checked the speedo, it's right on). It had a whole 107K on it when I got it, and I just broke 111K on the way home. I have done no mods...yet :). This truck is basically a grocery getter an older gentleman had around home, and for what I can tell, didn't do a whole lot of hard lifting in it's early life.

The one thing I do, and I do this every long drive is I drive at about 61 mph. The tach is reading about 1600-1700 RPMs, I don't floor it and I press the go pedal like there is an egg shell underneath my foot.

At the same time, my in town mileage is anywhere from 10-15, so I really think there is something to be said about that range of RPM's. Also I think there is a slight overall downward slope from school (Purdue area) to home (Fort Wayne Area) so that might help too. What I mean by that is there is more going downhill than uphill on the way home. I usually see slightly lower mileage coming back from home.

Rather than hi-jack the thread, if anyone has anymore questions, PM me and I'll answer them to the best of my abilities, but I'm not very mechanically inclined, I can only tell you my driving habits and what I know about the truck (which isn't much really).

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did my routine "check the tire pressures" on the hoe .......been 2 1/2 months :emotions122: and the tires were all at 32 psi . Door says 35 and I put them back at 40. Should see +1-2 mpg highway just from that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968