OFFICIAL: 2015.5 (2015i) Discussion Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you guts think about the enhanced security system. A must or no?

Doesn't it change the overhead console when chosen?

The sunglasses holder is replaced with this. My insurance was quoted a bit lower with this option. With all the safety features along with this, the insurance is lower than my 2013.

OP
OP
motorwerks

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would probably get the Enchanged Security Package. These vehicles were traditionally near the top of the most stolen vehicles list. This is GMC's press release mentions about the Enchanced Security Package:

"The 2015 Yukon lineup offers an available security system featuring glass breakage sensors, motion detectors and a self-leveling inclination sensor that sounds an alarm if a thief attempts to steal wheels or tires, or tow or lift the vehicle onto a flatbed truck.

When fully armed by the owner, the alarm emits a high-pitched siren that sounds completely different from the vehicle’s horn. The horn also sounds to alert passersby. A battery pack installed in a hard-to-find (for criminals) and protected location enables the alarm siren to operate for a limited amount of time if a thief tries to cut off the main power source.

The advanced theft protection package also includes door shields in the driver’s door, which help block access to those using a “slim jim”-type unlocking device. Additional anti-theft features include enhanced door security, laminated windshield glass and a steering column lock."

For $395 MSRP, why not?

Last edited:

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would probably get the Enchanged Security Package. These vehicles were traditionally near the top of the most stolen vehicles list. This is GMC's press release mentions about the Enchanced Security Package:

"The 2015 Yukon lineup offers an available security system featuring glass breakage sensors, motion detectors and a self-leveling inclination sensor that sounds an alarm if a thief attempts to steal wheels or tires, or tow or lift the vehicle onto a flatbed truck.

When fully armed by the owner, the alarm emits a high-pitched siren that sounds completely different from the vehicle’s horn. The horn also sounds to alert passersby. A battery pack installed in a hard-to-find (for criminals) and protected location enables the alarm siren to operate for a limited amount of time if a thief tries to cut off the main power source.

The advanced theft protection package also includes door shields in the driver’s door, which help block access to those using a “slim jim”-type unlocking device. Additional anti-theft features include enhanced door security, laminated windshield glass and a steering column lock."

For $395 MSRP, why not?

Thank you. Good info.
Yeah. It's not a money issue. I was just worried about false alarms and mainly any changes in the overhead console.

Funny about the laminated windshield glass comment. All windshields are laminated glass.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay i got a question for you guys buying new tahoes and yukons and such
a new loaded tahoes like over 60 grand thats easily over a 1000 dollar a month payment at 60 months if you qualify for there 2.9 percent if not its even more
my question is were the hell do you guys work to be able to afford a rediculous car payment like that and can i get a job there

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a lawyer. Also, I'm not making payments.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I buy/sell drugs.

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk Beta 3.8.1

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a new loaded tahoes like over 60 grand thats easily over a 1000 dollar a month payment at 60 months if you qualify for there 2.9 percent if not its even more
my question is were the hell do you guys work to be able to afford a rediculous car payment like that and can i get a job there
I'm plumber and I not make a payments.
Work in my own company.

Last edited:

GolfEsq

Reaction score

i imagine a good portion are purchased with straight cash. i'm personally of the view that if you cannot buy a car that costs over 50K with a single check and without it hurting too much, you shouldn't be buying the car (just my personal opinion so don't flame me - i don't really care what others do with their money).

that said, who demographically purchases cars costing over 60K? easy - on the whole, doctors, lawyers and other professionals and business owners with household incomes over $200K (probably over 300K in the northeast and west coast).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyRebel