OFFICIAL: 2015.5 (2015i) Discussion Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lanhamfarm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm in no rush to receive mine... I officially have a fully loaded, 2015i, Onyx Black Yukon Denali on order. I just want a good vehicle w/ few to no bugs--Understanding that this is the first year of production, the problems folks are having are starting to scare me away.

What "bugs" have come about with them so far? I know they made updates but what other kind of problems?
When did you order yours?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What "bugs" have come about with them so far? I know they made updates but what other kind of problems?

Read around on the forums and in this thread. There have been a few

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone should probably do a sticky thread with links to threads/posts to each of the known K2XX issues so that they're easy to locate.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone should probably do a sticky thread with links to threads/posts to each of the known K2XX issues so that they're easy to locate.

That's a very good idea. There's a few threads about things in some of the other forum sections but I think the only stickied one is about the 4WD system malfunction.

Rush

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ordered it 14 Nov 14. I've been driving around a 2015 SLT since then--The truck is nice aside from feeling seemingly underpowered. I've also noticed that it has some "cheap build" rattles on rough surfaces...mainly in the rear cabin. The infotainment system (while not the best) is leaps and bounds beyond the Range Rover setup. Other than these few minor details, I really like it.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The 15+ guys will know more, but some of the ones I've read about are:

1. The service 4wd issue
2. Vibration/Differential
3. Fit and finish
4. Stiff ride

I think I remember reading some infotainment system growing pains as well like pairing and text display but I'm not sure.

Last edited:

Lanhamfarm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Read around on the forums and in this thread. There have been

Thanks. I have looked through here and couldn't find all the information, so just thought I would ask. Yes a link to the "bugs" for easy access would be a great idea. So in other words it sounds like a few things but hopefully they are working through those issues as with any new change.

PokerMunkee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone please confirm that Denalis include the heavy duty towing package, with a 3.23 axle? Doesn't look to be an option like on the SLT. I'm showing a 4x4 Denali is rated at 8100lbs towing and the 4x4 Denali XL is 7900lbs.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, when they switched to the 8-speed GM went to a 3.23 ratio instead of the 3.42. I believe the reasoning is that the 8-speed's lower first gear allowed for the taller gearing. The Denali automatically comes with the integrated brake controller and extra engine/transmission coolers (although I think all the 2015s got that). The 4x4 Denali also automatically gets the 2 speed differential. The reason for the lower tow rating on the XL is simple that the truck is heavier but otherwise the same mechanical system.

If you look at the Sierra, the HD package now comes with 3.42 gearing instead of 3.73 and can still pull the same weight.

If you're looking at a 6-speed 2015 Denali it'll have the 3.42 and the trucks with the 5.3 still have the 6-speed and come with either 3.08 gearing or 3.42(HD package) gearing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rescurat