Opinions on Potential Hybrid Mods ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the exhaust shop removing resonator ...

... a few before and after pics in this album: http://gallery.me.com/soulsea#100012&bgcolor=black&view=grid

I can't tell you how happy I am to have done this. Not only that ugliness is off the back of the truck, but she's purring like a kitten. Very subtle, no drone, perfect! :)

Btw, clamped AND welded, perfect fit ... don't know why the other asshats told me they couldn't weld it. :whymewhyme:

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that is nice!!!! Very big improvement :waytogo:

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jacob.

Btw, I decided to put the 3rd row seat back in to see if it would lower the rear a tad, and it actually did. Then I removed the resonator, but that doesn't weigh that much ... it actually made a little difference:

picture.php

picture.php

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Felix/Robbie ... I'll take a couple of pics from a distance tomorrow.

Now to decide whether to blow $500 + install on the spare wheel kit and hoist package. :think:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the hoist package??

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the hoist package??

http://chevroletpartspeople.com/Sea...1&year=09&productdesc=Wheel,+Spare+Tire+Hoist

"Part Name : Spare Wheel Hoist Package - For Use With Accessory 22" Wheel Only

Part Number: 19158309

A Spare Wheel Hoist Package is required when installing 22-inch wheels on a full-size SUV that has not come from the factory with this size wheel. The hoist holds up the spare tire beneath the SUV and is capable of handling the additional loads put on your vehicle when 22-inch wheels are installed."

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

And this is the info on the spare wheel kit:

https://www.yourgmparts.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=300343

"Part Name : For Use on Hybrid Models. Contains Full-Size 17" Spare Wheel, Jack Assembly, Mounting Brackets and Associated Hardware. 17" Spare Tire (89049423) and Rear Fascia Access Hole Cover Sold Separately.

Part Number: 19172547

A Spare Wheel Hoist Package is required when installing 22-inch wheels on a full-size SUV that has not come from the factory with this size wheel. The hoist holds up the spare tire beneath the SUV and is capable of handling the additional loads put on your vehicle when 22-inch wheels are installed. For Use on Hybrid Models. Contains Full-Size 17" Spare Wheel, Jack Assembly, Mounting Brackets and Associated Hardware. 17" Spare Tire (89049423) and Rear Fascia Access Hole Cover Sold Separately."

Last edited:

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Felix/Robbie ... I'll take a couple of pics from a distance tomorrow.

Now to decide whether to blow $500 + install on the spare wheel kit and hoist package. :think:

Sounds like a waste if you ask me:Plugged:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pedroG1988

Latest posts