Opinions on Potential Hybrid Mods ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the smoked third brake light but I'm not a big fan of the tails mainly because of that oval circular shape towards the bottom of them. I think the best look for you would be to get the G4 LED tails or oem esky tails and smoke them so it's a dark red (NOT black them out). And the rack.... not even a question but you know i'm partial to esky roof racks haha

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reserved for better pics.. But im leaning towards saying slap em on... in the meantime can someone Pshop that second pic slammed:) Thats more my style! Those aftermarket lights look good. I too am not a fan of the super bright red tails. I plan on smoking mine one of these days. Just lightly though...

Has the exhaust tip come in yet?

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the smoked third brake light but I'm not a big fan of the tails mainly because of that oval circular shape towards the bottom of them.

Damn Felix, you notice all the little details ... I didn't even pick up on the reflector shape. I'd rather get a plug and play solution cause I don't want to be running around to have them smoked. So I'm open to other ruby red ones if you have any in mind. :)

Thanks edgar. :waytogo:

Hi BG ... no the tips get in Tuesday.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hallo ... :)

Just a quick update on several fronts:

1. Got her washed today, took her to a flat lot, and mocked up the racks again ... unfortunately I forgot my camera so pics aren't available. But this is what I have decided ... I am going to wait. Because of what is involved with installation, I am only going to do it if 100% sure, otherwise I will regret it. For me to be sure I need to finish all the other mods first, and then see what she looks like with the rack on and off. I am going to drop off the caps to be repainted anyway to have the whole setup at the ready. So for now, the rack is on hold.

- I have the smoked 3rd tail and I ordered the Ruby red leds. They should be here mid next week and will have all three installed next thu/fri.

- The new tip/resonator delete gets here tomorrow not next tuesday. I will get that installed early next week. The only decision I have to make here is whether I actually delete the resonator or not. I can install the tip either before it or after it.

Here's the dilemma on this front. The resonator on Hybrids is visibly ugly behind the truck, removing it will fix that but I'm not sure what will be visible when it's off. Also this will remove weight from the back of my truck ... without autoride this will probably raise the back even further, and as some know it is too high already.

The answer to this problem in the short term is easy and expensive ... I can order and have installed the spare tire and assembly which is an oem option on hybrids. This will fix two problems ... 1. restoring weight to the back of the truck ... 2. give me the spare tire I always wanted instead of the emergency tire repair kit I have on now. But, like I said, this isn't cheap to either buy or have installed.

There is one final solution to doing a full resonator delete and also improve the attitude of the truck. That would be to get the McGaughy's 2" Rear Lowering Kit. If I lowered the rear then I would remove the resonator peaceful in the knowledge that the stance of the truck is right and would not get the spare tire and kit.

Complicated enough?

2 more pending mods:

- I ordered the oem chrome oval steps. I will install late next week and see if they work with the Hybrid wheel arch moldings. They are the only ones that have a chance. If they work great, if not someone here is about to get a great deal on them. :)

- I have ordered paint matched rear splash guards. The reason for this is simple ... the Hybrid front bumper assy is disproportionately big relative to the rear of the truck so I am trying to add an element to the rear of the truck so that the lines flow better from the side. Again, it is not a sure thing that these will fit properly, so again a trial and error mock up will be applied, pics supplied, and we'll see how to move forward. This might get added to the list of stuff one of you will get on the cheap. :)

Phew, that's it for now ... sorry for the lengthy post, hopefully it makes sense.

As always, I look forward to your take on any or all of the above. :waytogo:

Cheers!

Last edited:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn Felix, you notice all the little details ... I didn't even pick up on the reflector shape. I'd rather get a plug and play solution cause I don't want to be running around to have them smoked. So I'm open to other ruby red ones if you have any in mind. :)

Thanks edgar. :waytogo:

Hi BG ... no the tips get in Tuesday.

I just don't like the 'euro tails' look... circular shapes are bad enough... OVALS??? No thanks :)

Why don't you keep the stock ones on your ride then order G4 LED tails and when they come in go get them smoked somewhere and just don't change them out until it's done getting smoked. Then you will have the cleanest smoked LED Tails out there... with no circular/oval shapes to take away from the CLEAN "LED" look :Handshake:

Oval steps? :chicken:

EDIT: Sorry I didn't read that you had already ordered them! I'm excited to see how it will all piece together.

Last edited:
OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oval steps? :chicken:

I know a lot of folks don't like them, I obviously love the current esky/naly boards with the chrome trim, they just will not work on my truck, so it's not even a question. I'm not going to slap chrome trim tape on the stocks. So the only solution is the ones I got. Again, it's not even sure they will work ... so I find myself once more as the guinea hoe for hybrid mods. Rest assured, if they look like ass, they will go. :)

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Serge... you think you can buy a TVS2300 Magnacharger and if it doesn't fit, I'll buy it cheap? :secret:

lol...

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Serge... you think you can buy a TVS2300 Magnacharger and if it doesn't fit, I'll buy it cheap? :secret:

lol...

hahahah, im rolling... your a fool man!

You are quite the guinea pig Serge, but its all good. Im sure all your hard work will pay off when you can sit back and say daaayyummm, thats once sexy Hybrid!

As for the resonator delete. DELETE IT! The thing is so hideous. Or this is what I did when i first got it and it actually looked really good (will match your chrome wheels well!) I polished mine to a mirror finish and it looked great. Makes the rear look nice and shiny. I say do that if you do decide to keep it and slap the tips on.. You really only have to polish the bottom portion. It wasnt too painful. But if you dont have a high powered rotary polisher then you SOL. I stil have mine, let me know if you are interested. Id let it go for cheapo... Anywho, best of luck with this upcoming round of mods:party33:

Mr Ghostrider

Reaction score
very nice mods!!
Except you are beating me to being 1st at all the good ones while I'm still working on saving up for some 24" black gianelles (shameless plug for anybody willing to get me a deal on those..pleaaaase.)

However to tide me over..I'm very close to just biting the bullet and ordering the G4s and a roll of window tint film to smoke the tails and the 3rd to a matching ruby red level as a weekend project...but part of me wants to wait until i've got the wheels and the drop kit to do it all in 1 big modfest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pedroG1988