Opinions on Potential Hybrid Mods ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those look really good on there! I was about to ask about the 3rd brake light, looks good!

Thanks Jonathan,

3rd brake light has been smoked out:

picture.php

Just as visible when I'm on the brakes but disappears when not on ... that little mod turned out great imho.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Smoked third brake light looks good! You already know how I feel about those bulky chrome running boards... but to each his own!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By far the hottest hybrid out there IMO! :Handshake:

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Felix,

Here's the thing ... yes these boards are bulky, but that in fact is what makes them work with my truck. Although not apparent in the pics I posted, you got to keep in mind the huge front end of the Hybrid compared to other Hoes/Yuks/Eskys. Because of it, whereas the beautiful Denali chrome trimmed running board looks good on non hybrids, it disappears on the Tahoe and looks small and awkward on it ... this is why this is the only chrome oem board that can work on the HyHoe. So in this case, bulky is what I actually needed. Does that make sense?

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im loving those running boards!!! Where and how much? Why do you say not perfect? They look GREAT from what I can see... Loving the smoked third brake light too... You car looks nothing like a normal hybrid and I am convinced if GM saw yours, this is how they would make them come from the factory:)

How about a good mock up pic w the roof racks, now that we can see everything tied together?

Will you please give lowering another chance:( I really think if it were lowered it would be game over....

Last edited:
OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im loving those running boards!!! Where and how much? Why do you say not perfect? They look GREAT from what I can see... Loving the smoked third brake light too... You car looks nothing like a normal hybrid and I am convinced if GM saw yours, this is how they would make them come from the factory:)

Thanks BG ... $300 new shipped from an ebay seller, that's as cheap as I've seen them. I say not perfect because I'm a perfectionist, but I like them very much. :)

How about a good mock up pic w the roof racks, now that we can see everything tied together?

Yup, I'll do that over the weekend. :waytogo:

Will you please give lowering another chance:( I really think if it were lowered it would be game over....

When all the other stuff is done, I will reconsider ... not a full drop again but a 2" rear drop to level her out. But that's down the line.

Thanks again. :)

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks BG ... $300 new shipped from an ebay seller, that's as cheap as I've seen them. I say not perfect because I'm a perfectionist, but I like them very much. :)

Gotcha...do they not line up properly or something. I am a quite the perfectionist too, which is why im pestering you about the fit of them:Handshake: You wouldnt happen to have a link sir:)

What else do you currently have in the mail? Come on, I know you have something!!!!

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Believe it or not BG they fit much better than I thought. I was really worried about the extra molding our hybrids have at the bottom of the wheel arches. With the stock plastic boards, they line up perfectly with said moldings. This is why the regular denali/esky boards won't work with our trucks ... but as it happens, because these are bulkier, they line up pretty good with the bottom of those moldings. Again, not perfect, but nothing can really be perfect unless those molding are removed ... that is a whole other ball game because you'll have to repaint those panels to match the paint once you remove them. Plus you'll go back to having the problem of the sides not being in proportion with the bigger hybrid front end. In the end, other than the stock boards, this is the best alternative that I have discovered to date.

A linky to what BG?

In the mail are the ruby red led tails (posted a couple of pages back). They should be on by Saturday evening. :)

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pretty sure he wanted a link to the ebay auction. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdangerous