Opinions on Potential Hybrid Mods ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Timmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks pretty good, serge! i wish the guy that had the denali running boards would have gotten back to me.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Felix,

Here's the thing ... yes these boards are bulky, but that in fact is what makes them work with my truck. Although not apparent in the pics I posted, you got to keep in mind the huge front end of the Hybrid compared to other Hoes/Yuks/Eskys. Because of it, whereas the beautiful Denali chrome trimmed running board looks good on non hybrids, it disappears on the Tahoe and looks small and awkward on it ... this is why this is the only chrome oem board that can work on the HyHoe. So in this case, bulky is what I actually needed. Does that make sense?

Yes it makes perfect sense. Im just glad you're happy with them! So... that door side moulding is staying on? Any plans on changing out or completely removing?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what have you decided about the esky rack?

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes it makes perfect sense. Im just glad you're happy with them! So... that door side moulding is staying on? Any plans on changing out or completely removing?

So what have you decided about the esky rack?

I'll answer both at once since they are somewhat related. :)

Because of the chrome on the boards the truck is now to chrome bottom heavy, so yes, the esky rack (once caps painted) will be going on.

picture.php

I think that will frame the truck nicely.

I have a set of the LTZ door chrome trim sitting in the closet ... once the rack is on I will mock that up as well and see how it looks. I'm very mindful of not 'overchroming' her so the rack may be where the chrome stops.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds good :waytogo: I'm with ya on not 'overchroming' :High 5: so far I love how the hyhoe is coming out!!

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
soulsea said:
I'll answer both at once since they are somewhat related. :)

Because of the chrome on the boards the truck is now to chrome bottom heavy, so yes, the esky rack (once caps painted) will be going on.

I think that will frame the truck nicely.

I have a set of the LTZ door chrome trim sitting in the closet ... once the rack is on I will mock that up as well and see how it looks. I'm very mindful of not 'overchroming' her so the rack may be where the chrome stops.

You just have that side moulding sitting in your closet?! You have some patience my friend.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You just have that side moulding sitting in your closet?! You have some patience my friend.

lol, not the whole molding just the chrome trim that goes above it. :)
Sufficient for the LTZ look, if it's not too much chrome when mocked up I might consider buying the actual esky molding.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol, not the whole molding just the chrome trim that goes above it. :)
Sufficient for the LTZ look, if it's not too much chrome when mocked up I might consider buying the actual esky molding.

I'm confused. Got a pic of em? When u said "LTZ chrome trim" I thought you were referring to the same door moulding I have. Yea the oem esky chrome trim would look real good....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdangerous