Opinions on Potential Hybrid Mods ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks bud. :waytogo:

For the record, heres a few shots of a rear door set:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much did they quote you? Ship them down to me and I'll get them painted with my next batch.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is another option I just thought of ...

The lower plastic section of the ltz moldings is almost identical to the ones I have on now.
I could ask a body shop to do a clean cut of the lower end of the chrome trim which tucks inside the ltz moldings. Then simply stick the visible part of the chrome molding above my existing side moldings.

This would save a heap of time and money. The only down side would be a very slight 'dip' between the plastic and chrome. Not a gap or anything that dramatic but more than the totally flush connection between the the ltz plastic and chrome.

Question is, is having the complete oem ltz look worth all that extra money and effort?

SS' and Felix's answer need not be communicated as their take is already a given. :)

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I got myself a set of oem LTZ side moldings, the plastic elements of which come primed ... the GM body shop wants to charge me stupid money to paint them.

Is there an easy way to match my paint and do it myself?

I'm guessing you didn't get it from Nordstrom's Auto? Mine came painted already.

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Mmm ... the chevy body shop quoted me $400 to paint to match, remove old moldings, clean off the adhesive, and install the new moldings.

Considering that other than the painting, removing the old moldings takes a simple heat gun and fishing line, and the new molding is pre taped, it seems to me $400 is too much no?

Or am I missing something? :think:

My friend with a Sierra Denali got the mouldings and went to a local paint guy that did it for $100 and he did all of the above. This is a guy I know so the price was cheap, but double it.. that's only $200 still.. I think 400 is a rip. Ask them how much to just paint it and do the rest yourself. I did it all by myself but of course mine came painted.

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

There is another option I just thought of ...

The lower plastic section of the ltz moldings is almost identical to the ones I have on now.
I could ask a body shop to do a clean cut of the lower end of the chrome trim which tucks inside the ltz moldings. Then simply stick the visible part of the chrome molding above my existing side moldings.

This would save a heap of time and money. The only down side would be a very slight 'dip' between the plastic and chrome. Not a gap or anything that dramatic but more than the totally flush connection between the the ltz plastic and chrome.

Question is, is having the complete oem ltz look worth all that extra money and effort?

SS' and Felix's answer need not be communicated as their take is already a given. :)

The mouldings you have now to me IMO are NOTHING like the new LTZ mouldings you just received. I highly disagree with this :(
Just shop around your body paint places you will find something cheaper then 400 I promise. And yes it is worth the money complete oem ltz look.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol, settle down you two ... I'm gonna do it right. :)

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do it right. ;)

^^this and can be done right on your own after the paint guy get it's painted :D If you can find a guy like the dude Felix knows to do it all for between $100 to $200 then I'd just let him do the whole shebang otherwise I'd go back to previously discussed of having a pro paint it then do the install yourself :D

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I got a great dude and good friend to get them painted for me for $115 (shipping included) and a shop to install them for $30 a door ... total cost $235, almost $200 less than the dealer. Should be done by the end of next week. Wo0t! :)

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There ya go :waytogo: Let me guess.... SCSS is painting them :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skylerwayne12

Latest posts