Opinions on Potential Hybrid Mods ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A historical overview of my skillz would indicate so.

I mean I have a body/paint guy to go to that's does shit for cheap but even I took it upon myself to put these on myself... Plus mine came painted so when they came in the mail I dropped what I was doing and put them on immediately :Handshake:

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$30 per door is nothing. Serge, just pay it. Alot easier to blame someone else for the screw up IF and WHEN it happens. I'm on your side with that one.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess it all goes back to what you enjoy doing. $30 a door is not much money in the big scheme of things but for myself I really enjoy doing things myself and tinkering.

In any event, it will look good when done and overall you're not paying much for it to get accomplished. I look forward to seeing them on the HyHoe. :waytogo:

Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$30 per door is nothing. Serge, just pay it. Alot easier to blame someone else for the screw up IF and WHEN it happens. I'm on your side with that one.

I agree. Comes down to opportunity costs. Money vs time/potential frustration. If I was in high school, I'd do it myself. Now that I have a good job, I'd pay to have it done by professionals. To each their own.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. Comes down to opportunity costs. Money vs time/potential frustration. If I was in high school, I'd do it myself. Now that I have a good job, I'd pay to have it done by professionals. To each their own.

Professionals? It's plastic that sticks on with 3M tape? I have a job and i'm out of high school/college. A waste of money is a waste of money. If it's for peace of mind for Serge, then I completely understand, but this is a 1 out of 10 on a 'difficulty of install' scale.

Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Professionals? It's plastic that sticks on with 3M tape? I have a job and i'm out of high school/college. A waste of money is a waste of money. If it's for peace of mind for Serge, then I completely understand, but this is a 1 out of 10 on a 'difficulty of install' scale.

I just meant that at this point in my life, I'd rather pay someone who does this for a living than do it myself, especially at that price. I'm not saying you can't do it just as well or implying that you don't make enough to justify paying someone else. That's why I said "To each their own".

I can be very **** about things so it'd take me forever to make sure things are just right. Still bugs me that my GM badge on the front passenger door is crooked. Was the factory worker drunk at the time?

I didn't mean to step on anyone's toes. I'll stop my comments now and let Serge continue his thread.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't mean to step on anyone's toes. I'll stop my comments now and let Serge continue his thread.

Oh stop it ... don't let the little engine peoples vex you. :)

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can someone indulge me a little favor please?

Could you take a pic of the back of one of your rear wheel wells, focusing on where the top of the bumper meets the quarter panel above?

The rear wheel well on the hybrid has some defined molding and I want to see if it's the same on all the trucks.

Thanks. :waytogo:

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

Btw, this is what mine looks like:

picture.php

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey man...forgive the pour quality but this is what mine looks like. Granted, being a burb might make it different back there from a Yukon or Tahoe but I thought I'd at least try and help out :shrug:
6247eddf.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caz kraus