Opinions on Potential Hybrid Mods ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay so a quick update ...

Just came back from the dealer and it looks like we did in fact order the right sensor moldings ... the were marked 'inner/outer left' and 'inner/outer right' on their plastic envelopes, so for future reference if you need those and you're staring blankly at the computer screen of the parts dept. because it says 'inboard/outboard' that's what it means. :)

Also I got really lucky cause the body shop was about to do some painting on a fubared black Denali so he's just going to throw those in with it to be painted and charge me nothing.

So now we are a go for the Monday afternoon bumper install, and if I get lucky he might even have time to do my esky mirror swap.

If one is into modifications and does not possess mechanical skills, there's a lot of value in establishing a good working relationship with the service/parts/body shop of a dealership. I treat them with respect, don't nickel and dime them, and in turn they not only cut me huge slack on prices, but undertake mods that a lot of other dealerships either bypass or try to charge me an arm and a leg for.

Anyhoot, we shall see what happens Monday ... we do not foresee any fitment issues but you never know with my truck.

It's interesting though to note how much I've learned from you guys about these trucks ... a few months ago I would have never even spotted the sensor molding variations.

Thanks. :waytogo:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay so a quick update ...

Just came back from the dealer and it looks like we did in fact order the right sensor moldings ... the were marked 'inner/outer left' and 'inner/outer right' on their plastic envelopes, so for future reference if you need those and you're staring blankly at the computer screen of the parts dept. because it says 'inboard/outboard' that's what it means. :)

Also I got really lucky cause the body shop was about to do some painting on a fubared black Denali so he's just going to throw those in with it to be painted and charge me nothing.

So now we are a go for the Monday afternoon bumper install, and if I get lucky he might even have time to do my esky mirror swap.

If one is into modifications and does not possess mechanical skills, there's a lot of value in establishing a good working relationship with the service/parts/body shop of a dealership. I treat them with respect, don't nickel and dime them, and in turn they not only cut me huge slack on prices, but undertake mods that a lot of other dealerships either bypass or try to charge me an arm and a leg for.

Anyhoot, we shall see what happens Monday ... we do not foresee any fitment issues but you never know with my truck.

It's interesting though to note how much I've learned from you guys about these trucks ... a few months ago I would have never even spotted the sensor molding variations.

Thanks. :waytogo:

I love you.

239473_osgkb.gif

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to locate a complete parts catalog?

Not the limited one available at sites like gmpartsdirect and the like, but a comprehensive one with all the vehicle's parts.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
never knew they made one? thought it was all online/digital like what GM uses.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
never knew they made one? thought it was all online/digital like what GM uses.

Yeah, for example my truck's: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0Q...8QQsspagenameZSTRKQ3aMEWAXQ3aIT#ht_1840wt_956

But if you read the listing it says that on that one Wiring Diagrams/Electrical Harness aren't covered.

I guess it'd be easier to say what part it is I'm looking for. :)

I'm looking for the harness/connector that connects to the tail light harness on the hybrid ... not the tail light harness itself.

Timmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have you tried alldatadiy.com? it's well worth the money. it gives you complete wiring diagrams.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm aware of the site T ... I know Comet uses it to provide great info to TYF members.
No I haven't signed up because it looked to be more of a DIY oriented site than a part site.
What I'm looking for here is specific part numbers.
Then if I decide to wire the plug myself I'll definitely go to them.

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Btw its not a major deal ... I'd just prefer to have the info myself rather than having to bug the parts guy at the dealership each time I have a question about an obscure part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
night3000