Opinions on Potential Hybrid Mods ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the subject of the mirrors.....so if I had my black portion sanded and painted properly the maroon to match it'd match the rest of the mirror alright?? :think:

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the subject of the mirrors.....so if I had my black portion sanded and painted properly the maroon to match it'd match the rest of the mirror alright?? :think:

If you take it to a good painter and you are willing to pay then yes. Its one of those things that is time consuming.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score

as yates stated... yes, you can. It is very time consuming and requires your entire mirror to be disassembled. I did it to my 2006. The parts need to be sanded down and smoothed, then painted. If you got the cash to spend and the down time without mirrors, I can get it done. But it ain't cheap.:Handshake:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as yates stated... yes, you can. It is very time consuming and requires your entire mirror to be disassembled. I did it to my 2006. The parts need to be sanded down and smoothed, then painted. If you got the cash to spend and the down time without mirrors, I can get it done. But it ain't cheap.:Handshake:

Thanks for the info guys! :Handshake: This may be the route I got. I like the '10+ LTZ and Esky mirrors but then when you do that you're almost locked in to needing chrome handles and I've never really wanted to go the chrome handle route with mine. I may have to locate a second set of mirror to do this too then swap them when the work is done so that the down time of the Burb is minimal :)

Thanks for spurning this idea, Serge, and thanks for the info Yates and Robbie :waytogo:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well when I asked him about it, it was in reference to the stock black mirror sail thingies to see if the whole mirror could be painted gloss black like the caps ... that's when he told me that no matter how it was done, the difference would be noticeable. I assume the same will be true for the valance as it the same material/finish.

I'll have to keep thinking about this one ...

My local chevy dealership had a paint and body shop in it. When I had my Tahoe with the stock mirrors, one broke so they gave me a new one which they painted white for me. It looked like factory paint and you couldn't tell at ALL that the lower half was the textured un-painted black. It can definitely be done to the mirrors.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spare tire kit installed:

web.jpg

web.jpg

I know all you guys got this and take it somewhat for granted but this is kind of a biggie for me from a peace of mind pov.

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice man... Now you can sleep peacefully at night!

Ey man, what did you ever do with the esky rack you had? Interested in selling it

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry bud ... already sold it a while ago.

Weren't you interested in my set of oem lights a while back? :think:

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ahhh, gotcha...

hehe, not I sir :p Although I am steadily contemplating a way to incorporate some cool LED type "something" up front

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh ok ... someone told me while back that they fubared their heddlights trying to open them and I thought it was you.

So what kinda led look are you looking to get?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Footankleg