OR VietVet Is Still Throwing $$$ at 2005 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMG, he is going to hate driving that Tahoe in the summer.

I tried to tell him. He said they used it on a show truck they built 20 years ago and it didn't have any problems.

It was a show truck that was kept indoors and rarely driven. This Tahoe is his daily driver and he doesn't have a garage. It'll be baking in the sun at home and work.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, I love spending other people's money, too!

It'd be a relatively easy, but quite worthy project to do to keep yourself busy after you've run out of the maintenance items. Maybe do one door a day or week. Then a pillar here and there, etc. Replace the trim panel clips as you go and maybe add felt tape where they rub and make noise. Eventually, it'll be a luxuriously quiet cocoon, surpassing that of most new vehicles.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It'd be a relatively easy, but quite worthy project to do to keep yourself busy after you've run out of the maintenance items. Maybe do one door a day or week. Then a pillar here and there, etc. Replace the trim panel clips as you go and maybe add felt tape where they rub and make noise. Eventually, it'll be a luxuriously quiet cocoon, surpassing that of most new vehicles.
I always think of the weight added...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjbtn1036