Ordered HIDs!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
brndns_hoe

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man, I would have done that....that being said, mine will be here tomorrow, of course not today when I'm off work and would have more time to put them on, but I'll get them installed, how much time to install ya think?

yukon510

Reaction score
im not sure about installing on a tahoe, but for my yukon it took me no more than 15-20mins installing and mounting the ballasts in slight rain. Shouldn't be too hard bro.

OP
OP
brndns_hoe

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, so they came in, but um...no directions? it looks simple enough, but I haven't looked under the hood yet, and won't be able to until later this evening, so any tips before I get to it?

basshertz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
everything is plug and play bro did u get any mounting hardware i didnt so what i did i just ziptied to anything that i found

OP
OP
brndns_hoe

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it has some sticky pads that stick to the back of the ballasts and a couple zipties......i'm just confused about the plug going through with a pos and neg wires coming out by the bulb...

BaMaDuDe87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's for if your plug and the other plug on that wire wont connect. I'm perty confident you wont need it

OP
OP
brndns_hoe

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya i figured it out, figured it might be extra......my lights just weren't coming on at first, so thought maybe i was wrong, and I DID need those....but turned out to be just had the polarity reversed....I got 'em installed and working now :D

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

oh, one thing, I guess the bulbs don't exact lock in(i have aftermarket projector lights), but the plastic bracket that goes over top of the housing is holding them in place, so no wiggling lights, well we'll see once it gets dark lol

OP
OP
brndns_hoe

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, so I checked 'em out at night....maybe I did something wrong, although being plug n play, don't know what could be wrong, but they aren't bright at all! I put the high beams on and they light everything up way better. most guys say they rarely if ever, use their high beams once they have HIDs.....any ideas?

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't you say you got 8000's, the brightest usable light is 5000's, after that you lose usable light to color change

OP
OP
brndns_hoe

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah but i don't think this much loss....they shine just in front of me, almost can't see shit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevpar