Pedal commander who’s got one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on a side note, I've heard the banks version is better for surff like that, I taps into the obd2 data and thru the app you can when you want it to change the ratio and when you don't.
Banks does a video comparing what they sell vs. Pedal Commander. Usually these types of videos are marketing w@nk, but they do a decent job comparing the two devices. It was interesting to see the hardware differences. Even if half of what they say is true, the Pedal Commander sounds like junk.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw that one.

there's a guy building a steering wheel sensor signal modifier, and is powering it off the 5v sensor wire. I asked him if he could power it off a 12v tap somewhere else.

it adds more voltage regulator parts, so those could fail too, but seems to me it would help overall

Reaction score
I saw that one.

there's a guy building a steering wheel sensor signal modifier, and is powering it off the 5v sensor wire. I asked him if he could power it off a 12v tap somewhere else.

it adds more voltage regulator parts, so those could fail too, but seems to me it would help overall
What would a modified steering wheel sensor do?

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What would a modified steering wheel sensor do?

it's not for these trucks. but the corvettes, the steering ratio is horrible, like the most non sports car ratio ever put in a sports car.(old man things, a fast ratio scares them at high speeds) there's a few ways to quicken the ratio so you can actually drive the cars safely at high speed without a bunch of driver aids safelys on, because with the slow ratio you can't catch slides. little step out becomes a high one or a spin because you can't keep the steering ahead of the car.

but quicker ratio throws the car's driver modes all out of wack. it basically thinks the car is over steering into a corner when it's not, so it freaks out and tries to save a slide that's not happening. as it is now you have to turn all of it off every time you get in the car. which is what I do and it works but some of us wouldn't mind having traction on of its rains or we let someone else drive the car. so they are working on adjusting the steering angle sensor to march the new ratio. since no one can get into the bcm to tune them correctly.

the side effect for other guys is you also can't trail brake into corners, even in competition mode it's overly sensitive to that even in stock form. so the hope for others is to use it to dial out some of the over response to it. that way you could actually turn fast track times while still having comp mode on as a back up to save big mistakes. right now it's one or the other, it you want to actually drive it fast you gotta turn it all off and that's a big step for the casual once in a while track day guy with his corvette club.

newer systems actually worth with you, these older systems in the c5/c6 fight you every setup of the way as they were mainly a safety net, not meant to make you faster like say porsch or Ferrari.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have one on my RST and don’t have any issues with it. It was also on the previous ride before this one.

buckwild27

Reaction score
I run one on my tuned 2013 sierra. I think the tuning guy did a crap job on the tune. Still have a pedal delay. The pedal commander is a pile of garbage but if you set it and forget it. And don't drive over 110 mph it will work fine. The banks unit is definitely better.

Reaction score
it's not for these trucks. but the corvettes, the steering ratio is horrible, like the most non sports car ratio ever put in a sports car.(old man things, a fast ratio scares them at high speeds) there's a few ways to quicken the ratio so you can actually drive the cars safely at high speed without a bunch of driver aids safelys on, because with the slow ratio you can't catch slides. little step out becomes a high one or a spin because you can't keep the steering ahead of the car.

but quicker ratio throws the car's driver modes all out of wack. it basically thinks the car is over steering into a corner when it's not, so it freaks out and tries to save a slide that's not happening. as it is now you have to turn all of it off every time you get in the car. which is what I do and it works but some of us wouldn't mind having traction on of its rains or we let someone else drive the car. so they are working on adjusting the steering angle sensor to march the new ratio. since no one can get into the bcm to tune them correctly.

the side effect for other guys is you also can't trail brake into corners, even in competition mode it's overly sensitive to that even in stock form. so the hope for others is to use it to dial out some of the over response to it. that way you could actually turn fast track times while still having comp mode on as a back up to save big mistakes. right now it's one or the other, it you want to actually drive it fast you gotta turn it all off and that's a big step for the casual once in a while track day guy with his corvette club.

newer systems actually worth with you, these older systems in the c5/c6 fight you every setup of the way as they were mainly a safety net, not meant to make you faster like say porsch or Ferrari.
Glad none of these nannies were around when I used to AutoX

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad none of these nannies were around when I used to AutoX

I have heard that abs helps a lot in auto cross but I doubt even the best comp modes could handle autocross.

I'm absolutely god awful at autocross. I can't see anything but a wall of cones. I once drove over a few during a parade lap haha. without thinking i followed some lines on the road straight into them haha.

I'm OK ish on a road course but nothing special forsure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kixx992